Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bye Bye IL House!

Sorry I've been MIA... but I have a good excuse right? Well that and after a year of scorning Facebook, I joined it and now have a nice fat addiction. LOL.

So today the packers came and packed up all of our stuff. We are being moved by the "official movers of the chicago cubs"... the cubbies logo is on the side of each box. Kinda cool. I knew G would enjoy that! J even heard me and the guy talking about it and went and got his cubbies hat to put on and "Show guy hat!"... it was very very cute. Everyday he does things that make me look at him and think... wow... where in the heck did my little baby go?? Let's not even speak of my littlest baby... he's only 3 mths but he's wearing 6-9 mth clothes and I swear acts like he's about that age too! These boys are going to keep me busy no matter what!!

While I'm being all reflective I must say while we're beyond excited to move to Texas... it's sad to be leaving our first home. We built this place. Picked it out when it was just a spot of dirt. We built it, got engaged, got married, got a dog, started planning for a family, had J, I became a stay at home mama, then we added E to our little family. Lots of wonderful things have happened here. We just plain outgrew the space... and Greg outgrew his job (in a good way!) :) It's time to move on... but this will still be the place we brought our babies home to! I have trouble imagining that years from now the memories of this place will get a little fuzzy... it's so much a part of so many great things.

But I can only feel sadness for so long... then it's BRING ON THE EXCITEMENT! Can't wait to be telling all about the house soon! I'll probably be MIA again due to the move... but I'll probably be able to hope online from time to time to feed my facebook addiction, LOL :)

3 comments:

April said...

I know how this feels to a certain extent. I am not moving to a different state, but it is pretty sad to leave this house that Seth build...for me...where we have started our family, ect. So many memories.

I am praying for ya'll, I wish you luck with the move! It's going to be great and the new house is simply beautiful!

Ayelet said...

WOOHOO! I am so excited for you :)

Sheri said...

I'm very excited for you!

However.... be prepared! Those Texans are going to insist you become a Longhorn but the real Texans know that the Sooners are the team to be on;)

Let the rivalry begin......GO SOONERS!!!!!!!