Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Giving away free stuff is a full time job!

So like any move you end up having stuff you no longer need or have use for. One thing we had was a full size mattress. It must of gotten water damage on one corner when in storage and it is now creaky. Other than that it's clean and sturdy.

I have been trying to give this thing away for FREE since Saturday morning! Have had countless emails... but I can't even beging to explain the painful process this is. We don't have a way to haul it and it's really only that one big thing so a charity truck isn't going to drive out for one thing. I feel better giving it to someone when I've disclosed the condition rather than giving it to a charity that would in turn give it to someone. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Anyway. First person asks me what size it is... in the ad it says Full/Double. Then I tell where they can pick up. Then she responds back asking me where I'm located. OMG do people NOT read? Anyway, we made plans twice (even via phone!) and she never showed. Second person was a charity answering the ad on behalf of a single mom that lost everything in Ike and they were sleeping on the floor. It says what area we're in (a known part of Houston) and they ask... what area are you in? OMG it's even in your return subject line! PEOPLE C'MON! Anyway, I said if she picked up asap I'd throw in all the bedding I have to. Well, it's been over 24 hr and I haven't heard from them! So I get another email from a gal she says she can pick it up today. So I begrudgingly call her and she'll now be here in 20 mins... but the last thing she asked was... What size is it?!?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi T,

I hope you get rid of the darn mattress soon! I know it's been a bear for you. Wow - we are hitting 80 today and tomorrow in OH then back to mid 70's for the holiday weekend.

Take Care.

Much Love,
Aunt Jeri