Sunday, January 24, 2010

Buffalo you say?

First off... I swore I was going to be better about blogging, then I disappear again! Oops! After my beginning of last week, then busy getting ready for our playdate on Wed and had company on Friday too... I just couldn't summarize anything worthy of reading!

So I'll make up with it with a few pics of the boys. Today we went to a park 5 minutes from us. The parks are different down here, not as well kept since you don't pay state taxes down here. But you just make out of it what you will! It's on Lake Houston, has various playgrounds (with no rhyme or reason for placement), trails/path (with again no real order), lots of shelters, a duck pond and BUFFALO! Buffalo you say? Yep, buffalo! Not sure the story on why they're there... but on the east side of the park they're fenced off and you can walk right by them if they're on that side of their space! They're so big!! They aren't very exciting for the kids because they don't really move, make any noise, and being all the same color its hard to see their eyes or what they might be looking at. Basically they stand there and eat grass. Really peaceful to us adults, but the kids let us have about 5 minutes then we have to get moving! There are a couple of babies and their cute always by their mama.

The trail combo we put together ends up about 1 1/2 miles. We did it last sunday too... and man the shins and calves are feeling it today! We stop about halfway thru at a playground for the kids to play. The one today was a GameTime unit (I used to design playgrounds with GameTime equipment before having Jake) it was older, but all of the sudden I was seeing the pieces and saying oh that's $813 and thats $1050... oh wait I can't believe i remember this stuff!! ha!

So these are some pics from todays trip to the park! Okay... I'm a big liar... I just realized the camera is still out in the car. I'm tired and off to bed... I'll upload tomorrow... oops!

2 comments:

Liz and Garth said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I am going to add you to my list so I can see when you update! Thank you so much for always leaving such thoughtful comments on mine. I love reading them so much!
I have heard of that buffalo park. I need to check it out. And I am looking forward to some pictures! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello T,

I think for being a very busy person you do a GREAT job of posting on your blog. I enjoy each and every posting.

Much Love,
Aunt J