Friday, January 8, 2010

Moms Night Out was so much fun!

Since joining my moms group here, I've probably done about one moms night out or in (if it's at someones house) once a month.

Last night was the first time I was running out the door, jumping in my car, cackling as I pulled out of the driveway in glee with escaping for the night!

Not that there's anything to escape. Cute kids that I'm lucky to be able to raise. My husband that makes me laugh and is my partner through it all.

But last night I was just ready for a break from the normal. I even put on more make up than normal! :) It was 7 of us at this little italian place north of me along the river that goes into Lake Houston. I guess it was cold for some, but just seemed crisp/brisk enough to make you hurry your step a little to get inside.

Had a wonderful glass of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio (that my friend Jess introduced me to a couple years ago!) to accompany my dinner of grilled trout topped with artichoke hearts and mushrooms with a side of zuchinni and squash! YUM!

It was such a good time. No lull in the converstation, lots of laughs, lots of empathy, and I think I might of even smack the table once when something was really funny!

Ah.... it was just nice. Granted being mom is the best thing in the world, but it's fun for just a few hours to shed being mom for just a bit and just be Tyson. Granted I talked about being a mom a lot. BUT it's nice to not have to worry about anyone else for a few hours, cut my own food, eat my food hot and not have to clean up afterwards! Ahhhhhhh......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi T,

I'm so glad you had a good time!

Love,
Aunt J