Monday, January 18, 2010

Well! That was a crappy morning.

So I've been searching ever since we moved for a new doctor. Keep searching online, talking to various moms, etc... now something has come up and I need to get to the doc!

I decided on a place that's not too far away, an all female practice, and came highly recommended.

First I left 3 messages for an appt, no call backs ever. Finally on Friday, the fourth time I called I zeroed out to reception and then they patched me through to the appt person. So, figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and still try them. They emailed me some forms to fill out, I printed them out, signed, and off I went this morning.

I'm standing at the counter waiting (no one in the waiting room!) for the 2 gals sitting 4 inches from me to acknowledge me. Finally one does, snottily informs me that no I do not have an appt because I did not do their online new patient crap. WHAT? I politely said sorry, I was not informed of this, if I could please have the paperwork I'd fill it out (I got there 15 min early). No, I had to go home and do it on my computer and then I could make a new appt. So I nicely (with a little bit of a worried tone) said "I really need this appt, my husband took off work just so that I could have my appt"... she just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders.

I must admit, I came unglued. I informed them that I would not be requiring their services and certainly would not be recommending them to anyone else, ever! And I stormed out of there very dramatically, not me, but it was for the moment!

Maybe just maybe if she would of said "Sorry" even while being a bitch and it would of made it better. But noooooo.

I get in the car, bawling beyond any reasonable reason and head home. I try to call G and tell him that he should get ready for work so he doesn't have to use up any more vacation time... and my I can't get my freaking blackberry to dial... I was so worked up I just couldn't figure it out. I can't remember the last time I cried like this. I was beyond frustrated, I have a suspicious lump and I can't get into a doctor of my liking.

The only thing I could think about was my wonderful, wonderful doctor Simmons up in Aurora. She's calm but peppy, smart, witty, down to earth and I trust her completely with my life and that of my unborn and then birthing child!! I would of given my right arm AND leg to of been able to walk into her office at that moment. She would make it all okay, and if it's not okay, she would make it the closest to okay as she could. We would deal with this together. She IS the best.

When I got home after crying to a very surprised G, I called my old dr's office just to hear their menu of options.... aren't I a sad sad case??

So the hunt is still on for a good doctor with a good practice :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi T,

I'm so sorry that your day has been crappy. Hang in. I hope everything turns out fine.

Love,
Aunt J