Thursday, January 28, 2010

What to talk about today?

Hmmm let's see. Today we had some company this morning - yay fun... but both boys were a little crabby so I was a smidge embarrassed. J is getting to that sassy stage and it's super frustrating. It's the first time I've ever been "sassed" and I can't say I care for it much! He gets put him his room for 3 minutes and then needs to apologize, etc... only he bangs on the door, yells and screams "But I LOVE you Mama!" or "I need a hug!"... refuses to apologize or come out of his room when its all over. Woo-hoo fun times.

I feel bad, I read other blogs and people are so poetic about their kids. Unfortunately it's easier for me to express the stress I feel rather than the happiness I feel. So usually I'm less chatty, expressive, etc when I'm happy. When I'm stressed I seem to talk it out, blog about it. So it's not that those feelings aren't there... it's not as easy to gush over them. They're the best thing I've ever been a part of and it's simply amazing. I can't really find the words that would fit how I feel and how I see them. Even if they do play a daily game of "Lets see who can send mom to the nut house first!!"

Due to E having 4 nights of bad sleep... and therefore me too... we decided to try a later bedtime tonight. I'm a firm believer in early bedtimes. The boys will wake up between 6-6:30am (or earlier) no matter what time you put them to bed. J has never slept past 7:30am his entire life and neither has E! But E waking up at 3 or 4am wanting to start his day is NOT going to work. Cause of course i don't let him get up so he stays in his crib and "complains" for 2-3 hours. His room is so far from ours I have to have monitors for their rooms... so i'm up all night after that try to will him back to sleep. So far that hasn't worked. I get sooo tired of people telling me to put the boys to bed late so they'll sleep in. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT FOR THEM. However tonight I put E to bed one hour late... so we'll see how it goes. Watch he'll sleep until 7am and everyone will earn a free pass of "I told you so". Ugh. He was in the process of transitioning from 2 naps to 1 nap... but with waking up so early he was definitely needing 2. So fingers crossed he sleeps at least until 6am and then we'll do one nap for the day when we get home from our playdate tomorrow morning... my luck he'll crash in the car for 15 mins and then refuse to sleep anymore and start the whole cycle over! Who would of thought it sleep could be so complex! I think the other thing is the E is a fiesty guy... he sort of tries to be in control... I think he's figured out he can wake up early and not fall back asleep because while he hasn't gotten a great amount of sleep, he's gotten enough.

During all this J has decided to wake up screaming in the middle of the night because he wants wants water, or to sleep with us. Not sure where he got that from, that child hasn't slept with us since he was 6 mths old. That is certainly NOT a habit we're starting now. I love my kids, but I need my sleeping space!! Even the cat and dog know to sleep on G's side, not mine, they'll get kicked off!

Sweet Dreams! Off to bed myself... never know how short the night will be around here!ZZZzzzz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear T,

You are the most wonderful Mom I believe I have ever known. Hang in. They will be all grown up in a blink of an eye...at least that seemed to be the case with you. :)

Lots of Love,
Aunt J

Kate said...

Your follower list now goes to "eleven." (If you get that reference I will kiss you on the mouth the next time I see you.....only kidding...I don't kiss on the mouth.)

Kelly said...

my kids get up early no matter what time they go to bed as well. Katelyn goes to bed at 7, Nathan at 7:30. I hope E starts sleeping better for you, being tired sucks!