Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Valentines...









Yah I'm still talking about Valentines Day, LOL! Even though, I didn't get a single thing for the day... except for a 3 hour nap... I'll take that any day! But these pics are of what we made as our Valentines to give to our friends.

Really super simple and it's something else to give rather than candy! Oh and I totally stole this idea from Kelly's blog (hi Kelly!).

You just take all your broken crayons, take the paper off, break into pieces, put into a mold, bake at 275* for about 10 mins, take out to cool and there you have heart shaped crayons!

Jake helped me do this and helped make the monkey bread we were making to take to our Vday party with the playgroup. However, both boths woke up snotty and coughing. So we couldn't go... we did however go drop off our goodies to our friends since it was just in a couple neighborhoods over from us.

The boys have been pretty sick since then. Evan is just a surly little beast right now. Hoping today they're on the upswing. My mother arrives tonight so I want them to feel better to get to play with Sitto (what we call her since my Grandma is also Grandma D)!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I have always wanted to do that. Maybe I actually will, thanks to your inspiration.

I hope everybody feels better soon. I am so tired of illness!

shelley c. said...

Thsoe came out great!! I will have to get some fun shaped ice cube trays or molds...

Anonymous said...

Hi T, Thanks for the pictures and so glad you got the gift of sleep for your Valentine's day. It took me a while to figure out the second picture was of the oven! LOL. Hope everyone feels better soon and all goes well on Friday. Love, Aunt J

Kelly said...

yea! your crayons look great! I found some butterfly shaped cupcake cups in the dollar section at Target, so some butterfly shaped crayons are in my future!
Thanks for the shout out! :)