Sunday, February 21, 2010

Things I wish I had right now...

Just a little random post of random things. Things I wish I had right now...

A Kitchenaid Mixer to hopefully bring upon the immediate evolution of my baking gene that has just been laying dormant. I think I'd like it in Coppery Pearl... but black or white is the color of most of my kitchen stuff.

Spanx... self explainatory...

This kitchen dining table set... it's just too much $$, isn't available for internet sale (closest store in Beaumont!) and a fabric seat just isn't good news around here... but it's pretty much exactly what I want!

These rugs... the lighter one for the dining room (has dark hardwoods) and the darker one for the foyer (has a beige tile).

Hanging baskets like this for our pantry for the onions, potatos and such! And while I'm at it, this would be pretty sweet as well (yes takes little for me to say "sweet").

These things and some gift cards to Gap would make me very happy right now (yah, yah, I know materialism isn't pretty and most of the time I'm not, but cut me some slack). Last night Greg and I went on our 4th date night in like 14 mths! It was to a very nice steakhouse in Downtown Houston. I had nothing to wear, it was so pathetic... and rather took the fun out of it. True I'm pretty much wearing jeans, yoga pants and capris these days with easily washable shirts... but it would be nice to have some "go-to you know you look nice in dress up clothes". I've had a lot of stress the past few days and it'll be gone in a couple days, but it sort of ruined date night. I felt terrible with a huge migraine... but I was determined we would have our date night! Poor Greg asked me to flash my wedding ring so people would know we were married and that it wasn't like a horrible first date gone bad, LOL! Poor guy! Anyway, if we win the lottery (w/o playing, so it'll be a miracle) those would be the things I ask for besides paying off some debt and you know the responsible stuff!

6 comments:

April said...

Every woman needs a kitchen aid stand up mixer!

shelley c. said...

I highly recommend the KitchenAid. I love mine. If I win the lottery, one is headed your way.
And I recently got one of those cookie-sheet stand things, and I love it.
Yup. I am a kitchen nerd.

Amy said...

Sorry you had such a stressful few days. Hope it starts looking up soon.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how I can convince myself the price is worth it for the mixer??

Thanks Amy, my stress will be packed up and gone by about 11:30am tomorrow!

~Tys

April said...

Well, suggest it for a mother's day gift! It may still be a few months away, but if you've made it this long, you will appreciate it, and guilt free, in May! It never hurts to ask as long as the hubs is certain that THIS is the only thing you want/need for mothers day. It's a functional thing so it shouldn't be hard to convince him!

Liz and Garth said...

The Kitchen Aid Mixer is a lifesaver. My mom got me mine, I don't think I would ever buy it for myself. Also, LOVE Ballard Designs. And I love those rugs you picked from there. I want them too now. Ha!

I feel you on the bad date night. Garth and I had a date day on Sunday and I was SO excited for it all week. Holden was up the whole night on Saturday so we were zombies that barely spoke the whole day. Oh well. There will be many more where we feel totally normal. Right??

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. We had a blast at your playdate! :-)