Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh Easter tree, oh easter tree...


How lovely are your branches... wait? what? Easter tree you say??


Yep, Easter Tree!! I remember making and having one as a kid and have been planning this in the back of my mind for awhile now.


About a month ago I went walking the uncleared lots near us (I think I embarassed Greg) to find the perfect twig/small branch. Things down here grow so long and narrow.. since they never have winter to be dormant. But I finally found one that while not perfect, would do the job!


Then I spent the last month trying to remember to buy white spray paint... then when I'd actually remember it the place I was at didn't sell spray paint (ie the grocery store, JoAnns, and Target) and when I was at Hobby Lobby it was under lock and key and the line was a million miles long.


Yesterday we went to Lowe's and I finally got some and a pot too! I already had floral foam to stick the bottom of the "tree" into the pot and bought some moss at JoAnns recently. The boys actually took naps that were longer than an hour and I was able to get the entire project done!


I'm happy with it! I need a nice easter/spring runner/placemat for under it, but overall I'm happy with how it looks. Now I just need to go find another branch/twig because I want to do one in black for Halloween next year, but I'll probably wait until Sept to worry about it ;)

1 comment:

Ellie Davis said...

Very cute! love it!