Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter!!





Add me to the billon new Easter posts on blogs all about!

We had a good, but tiring weekend! It was a very busy week to start out with. Thursday we anxiously awaited our new kitchen dining set. It was to be delivered between 9am and 1pm. The delivery truck actually arrives about 10:30am. Luckily, I think to check the stuff first, the guy is nice and helps me remove all the packaging. OMG... the table is all nicked to hell with little circles worn off the top. It was not done from the packaging, it was totally sent this way! Grrrr. Beyond all that antique white is apparently buttery yellow to them. Sooooo won't work in our kitchen. So I had to fill out paperwork refusing delivery... then call the place to work on getting the chairs back too. They came earlier, but we never opened them as to just have the mess all at one time. They're now sending us return labels to use, and then call Fed Ex to come pick them up and THEN we'll get our money credited back. Ugh. What a mess. Why is it so hard to find a white pedestal kitchen table?????

That night was Mom's Night In... Game Night at Ellie's! Fun times! We yakked our heads off more than played any games (which I pretty much sucked at both... Mad Gab AND Boxers & Briefs). I come to relish and cherish my nights out :)

Friday was Good Friday, so Greg had a day off! Woo-hoo!!! He went to Little Gym with us to see the boys in action and meet some of our friends. Fun times!! He realized now why I always say I'm exhausted after going there... Evan is one busy little dude... his job was to follow/chase Evan around and I hung out with Jake doing more class stuff ;) He worked up a sweat!

Saturday we spent the day cleaning, doing yardwork, and getting ready for company. We had some friends over on Sunday that also do not have any family in the area. It makes the holidays more special and not as lonely... we didn't find ourselves wondering and missing our family up north as much. Our friends came over at 10am, we colored eggs and then had lunch about 11am... grilled chicken, steak... had pasta salad, corn casserole and fruit salad. For dessert I made a lemon bundt cake, it was pretty tasty if I do say so myself! It was all really yummy... good day over all!

3 comments:

Liz said...

1. I love the family pic! So cute! Did you have someone take it or set your timer on the camera? I love the dog in it!

2. So frustrating about your table! How angry were you?? I would be livid.

3. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Thanks for posting. Love, Aunt J

ourbabymakesfour said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter! Still can't believe about that table... really sucks.