Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our first cleaning person experience!

I gottta say... it was wonderful! Talk about a HUGE weight (that I didn't even know was there) being lifted from my shoulders!

I don't think I can completely switch over to having a cleaning person though... but definitely once every 6 weeks!

I just feel like our kids take so much in, even if they're too little to get it or talk about it. I worry about setting the standard that we can just do whatever because we'll pay someone to do it.

We've been pretty good about keeping up with the housework, until now. The last month or so when there is time for me to do something, I'm cleaning up an "extra curricular" mess. Like the brand new jar of jelly that Evan was carrying around and Jake took from him and threw on the floor. What a mess. Or perhaps when I shut the cat in Evan's closet for 14 hrs (on accident!!). Another huge mess. Or maybe like when Evan got poop (yes poop!) all over the place?!? Again, huge mess. I spend hours doing all that, that I can even get to the basics. Talk about frustrating.

It feels so good to have a clean house! Whew! But even the cleaning person told me that she had the easy job... that she was exhausted just watching me with the boys! They're not bad kids, they're just toddlers with a lot of energy, curiosity, and mischief!

Tonight I'm hosting a Mom's Night In here... asking people to bring an outdoor candle, I'm going to string up this little set of dragonfly lights, get all the patio chairs out and we're going to hang out and chat... play cards too if anyone wants!

Then on Friday night Greg's friend will be arriving from Seattle. They grew up together and we haven't seen him since Jake was 2 weeks old! Think they'll go out to eat that night. Saturday I think they should head downtown and go to the St. Arnolds Brewery Tour (we like their beer!) and that night we have our babysitter again and we'll head back downtown or to the Kemah boardwalk for dinner out! Sunday I believe they're going to go golfing and we'll grill some brats that night, yum!

3 comments:

ourbabymakesfour said...

So glad Maria did a good job! She's real sweet, but like I said.. .likes to talk! LOL. I honestly don't know how you keep up with your house w/ 2 toddlers! great job. Can't wait for MNI tonight!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you treated yourself, even if it's just once. You are a super mom, and I have to admit you make me want to be a better mom myself. :) See you tonight!

PS STALK STALK STALK!

Anonymous said...

Hi T, Thanks for posting about your cleaning person. I'm so glad that you had that done. Love ya, Aunt J