Thursday, April 29, 2010

Our little bubble of imperfection...


The last few weeks I've been noticing via other blogs I read and the blogs that they link to... that I'm probably letting my readers down. It struck me that I'm a pretty lame blogger.

I'm not super mom, I have rough days that lead me to be too sensitive and judgemental. I'm a grudge holder. I don't make all my meals from stratch, if I do I would never be able to take pics as I'm doing it. We probably watch too much TV. I don't gush and brag about my kids or the hubs (I can't decide if I want to start dubbing those blogs that are always like that as brogs or blags! LOL!) even though I love them more than I could ever put words together to express. I don't inspire (which is sort of a bummer). I'm not spiritual (and I'm totally cool with that). I don't workout (obviously) and we're not always the epitome of healthy. I don't give witty interpertations of our days. I'm not Miss Positive and I'm rather sarcastic and negative at times. When I do post pics, they aren't works of art... hell, I can't even figure out how to post pics so that they're not always at the top (and techy stuff never usually stumps me). I don't have a cute little business or cool talents. I don't even grow anything all that cool (but I enjoy my window box like all get out!). I'm not that green and I only dabble in organics. While we're blessed, I find it hard to talk like that and revel in and share.

But this is me.
I know so many fabulous people, it makes me look very blan, boring, and uninspiring in comparison. I realize that I think I'm being real...I'm very much "what you see is what you get" type average person. Others might take it that I'm a negative nelly, wishy-washy, mediocre mom, crappy wife, and lame friend. I'm not afraid to talk about my flaws or if I'm having a hard time. I don't excel at any one thing, I have self-doubts, and sometimes I wonder if I just set myself up for failures.

But... this is me! This is us! Nobody is perfect, I'm certainly not... and I guess that's my gift to you... I have no quirks or qualms about randomly sharing our little bubble of imperfection. Crappy "gift" huh? LOL. Guess some of you must not mind reading :) For that I thank you (and apologize a little bit too!). So instead of getting too down on myself about it all, I'll just embrace it and roll with it! A good example: imperfections in a diamond show its the real deal!

P.S. I was trying to find a doofusy picture of me to go along with this post. Which you wouldn't think would be too hard...but alas... I am in NO pictures anymore! Or the kids are in the them, and I don't think they're doofusy... so this one is a little out of focus, and just average us :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

T, I LOVE YOUR BUBBLE OF IMPERFECTION! It means that you are alive and kicking. LOL If you were perfect I wouldn't follow your blog I'm sure. Love you tons, Aunt J

Aimee said...

I loved your blog and you gave me the courage to try something that I have been afraid of trying for years! Thanks!

shelley c. said...

For what it's worth, i think you are an awesome friend, a fantastic mom, you do fun things with your kids, you try lots of new things, and you are totally real, which is what makes you so awesome.

Megan @ Meanwhile... said...

I just want to ditto the above comments. I love you and your blog and appreciate you very much, my friend.

April said...

I love your blog, and I think that you are a very interesting writer. I read LOTS of blogs. Some I look at for pictures, some I look at for laughs, and some I just look at because someone I know has a blog and it's like watching paint dry! But I like your blog! I don't think it's boring at all!

Kate said...

I like "you." A lot. Maybe more than I should. Is that creepy?

Ellie said...

I love you and your realness. You tell it like it is. Me being 1st time mom I am that BRAGGER in my blogs...but comes with the territory I guess. So sorry for making you barf in your mouth when you read my gooshy blogs :) Oh and I guess I'm also that one with my own lil business...but I'm pretty much ADHD and CAN'T sit still so instead of medication...thats what I do :)

You're awesome Tyson, don't change! I enjoy being around you and your boys and its very easy for everyone to be authentic around you. GREAT TRAIT! *hugs*