Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Road Trip Day 17 (I think)

Holy Moly! It's been a long while! I miss my blog!

We're now headed back home. Day 1 of the 3 day trip home. While today actually went rather well for it being our longest day (I break it up like that to make the following days more bearable for everyone)... it was just that long. Poor Ev at one point was just crying saying "Mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, play, play, play, pppppplllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease" on repeat for 20 mins. That was heartbreaking. Then after that Jake started really crying about wanting to go home and how much he missed his Daddy. Again, heartbreaking.

But we made it to our hotel. Yay. It really is an understatement that it's hard to unpack with 2 toddlers. First I tried with Evan in a stroller and I pulled the suitcase. That was about 8 shades of a cluster-you-know-what (however, Jake was super cute wearing his backpack of toys). So then I got the trolley thing for the 2nd trip... worked great for the trip down, they rode it. In the parking lot, it was a terrible idea... no way to contain Evan... he took off across the parking lot... the trolley thing goes the oppostie way rolling down almost smacking into another car. Somehow I caught both and kept Jake from playing with a dead bird. After wrestling the packnplay out of the car, there was nowhere for them to ride so I had to carry Evan while he threw a fit about not getting to ride. Then guide it around. Getting onto the elevator with 2 people waiting, the wheel got stuck sideways and couldn't move, it was super frustrating. People just plain stare or act like you're not alive.

After being away from home for so long and finding my parenting under the microscope for the majority of the time... when I opened my Bob Evan's carryout to find they didn't include my pancakes... I about lost it. While it was nice to visit all the special people we did, and see all the sights, do fun things and eat yummy stuff... it was really stressful. There was never any down time. At that moment looking at my carryout platter with a sad helping of scrambled eggs and a lone sausage patty I felt so lonely, helpless, stressed out, and just plain beat.

I'm so looking forward to being home. So much I can't even describe it.

Tomorrow me and those cute boys will trudge on and even get to do another fun thing and meet up with another of my online mama friends! YAY! But... can I just wrinkle my nose and have all the stuff pack itself? And I even repacked so I'd only have to bring the bare minimum into the hotel!

Only a few more days until normal blogging can resume. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get back to normalcy!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are a brave woman. Surely there will be some cosmic payoff for such a stressful trip!

shelley c. said...

I think that the missing pancakes would have been the last straw for me, too. You are such a fantastic woman, and superwoman, to boot, for this whole endeavor. I hope that the next two days go super quickly and easily!!