Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fine Arts Degree needed for Bendaroos

Apparently a degree in Interior & Architectural Design just isn't going to cut it!

Tonight Jake brought me a box of Bendaroos that he got from Sitto (what the boys call my mother) for Christmas. Evan was already in bed, so figured it'd be a fun little thing for us to do together. We open the box and out come all the wax "building" sticks and instruction booklet. Wow. They want you to do some pretty intricate stuff involving cutting up the sticks, using tons of them, and even using colors that they don't give you in the package!

Well, I didn't want to start cutting them into pieces and didn't want to use up a whole bunch. These will also be great for forming letters and shapes! So I just kind of came up with our own version... but he seemed tickled pink by them. I used the colors we had, and didn't cut any of the sticks. We made and owl that he named Mr. Peas and a turtle named Franklin! Franklin I get, from the show on Nick Jr (that while it's cute, the turtle is super whiney and I prefer not to watch it) but Mr. Peas I think could perhaps be Mr. Pees... because he cackles with delight whenever I said it, especially when I sang it like the Franklin intro song but with Mr. Peas instead of Franklin. Boys! LOL!

I tried to put them next to their crazy ass instructions for comparison...


But Jake was pretty excited about them anyways and it made me have to think creatively, so we both had a good time.



They're both sitting on his dresser right now while he's sleeping!


3 comments:

April said...

cute! Cate has been wanting those things for months. I hate that stupid commercial so much! I think your owl and turtle look adorable! I couldn't have done it! LoL

shelley c. said...

So cute! I love his little grin in the last picture. And that is a great idea to use them to make letters and shapes, too. They look like they take way more concentration and skill than I would be able to do...

Ellie Davis said...

looks like fun! Can't wait til I can do these things with my boy. I'll be picking your brain for all sorts of ideas!!