Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's below 90, time for Fall Decor!

This week started off with it finally being under 90 degrees... so break out the fall decor in Texas!!

Here's our fireplace in our living/family room. Notice something odd... a window over the fireplace... yep! It makes it really hard to decorate Jan-Sept though. I've been seeing wreaths over mirrors all over bloggyland and thought... wait! Why not over that window?? Pulled out a tired old fall wreath, wrapped some ribbon around it and viola!





I like to keep a bucket/basket (okay, a planter!) of fun holiday toddler friendly books, stuffed animals, and silly masks & glasses for the kiddos! It's nice to have things they can touch and play too!


My inspiration for this post is to participate in my first linky party! This one is Fall Mantels, hosted by the Nesting Place and one at Hooked on Houses as well. Check them out! I got so in the Fall Decor mode, I just took off and here are some other things I did as well.

Dining Room Table Centerpiece


I really had fun doing this tray! When I was done it sorta reminds me of one of those "I Spy" games, LOL!


The tray is an old tray that I spray painted black... have had for years and never ever used it! How nice to have something I'll use now!


If you look you'll see a tiny cloche in there! The base was a recent project and the dome is from a butter dish (so even smaller than cheese domes I've seen people using) but fit the base perfectly.



While doing the centerpiece, my china cabinet kept wanting attention. My dining room isn't really my favorite place right now, and decorating it has been a thorn in my side since we moved here. Here's how it normally looks (bor-ing!)



Greg is going to paint it black this month, so that's exciting stuff. I put some fall decor in there but wasn't done... took a little detour and decided to decorate the top for once and for all (that poor pathetic plant wasn't cutting it!) and ended up with this.



Yay! It looks so much better!

All the decorating for everything was with stuff I already had and a little trip outdoors with the boys collecting some pinecones! I did purchase the white ceramic carafe ($9 at Home Goods) for on top the cabinet and the ribbon for the wreath ($.99 at JoAnns)... with my yardsale mad money ;)

I'm a smidge nervous, this is the first time I'm linking my blog up for others to see my stuff! It's not as magazine/catalog quality as I see in most others... but what the heck! I'll give it a whirl! What do you think?

Happy Fall!

8 comments:

Kate said...

It all looks fabulous!!! You did a great job. I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!

April said...

Love it!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

What cute and clever combos you've come up with. Welcome to the linky party world, you'll love it here!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Thanks for linking up and joining the party! I especially like your centerpiece. So warm and cheery looking for this time of year. Happy Fall! :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love your black tray all ready for FALL!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Debbie said...

So glad you decided to link up....it is a great way to get yourself out there a bit. I only join a few here and there, but it is always fun to find a blog that inspires you. Your Fall decor looks great, so lovely displayed...IMO certainly magazine worthy:)!!~

Liz said...

So cozy! Can't wait to see it in person! :-)

ourbabymakesfour said...

Wow! You do great with your decorations!