Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Well THAT wasn't how I pictured our holiday weekend

Friday morning I woke up feeling downright terrible. BUT, I don't get sick days, I just had to keep on moving. It was raining buckets and we went to an indoor playground. It almost wasn't worth the trip, the entire time instead of playing Jake was constantly badgering me about wanting a snack (they just had one before we left) or getting lunch (there was no food allowed in the place). I was so sore, my lower back was killing me and I felt like I couldn't move.

Then that night we went swimming. Just Jake & I at a neighbors pool. It was a lot of fun for him to get to play with big kids in the pool. I could not get comfortable when I was there, my back was still killing me. I got home and started having the chills like I had a fever. I crawled into bed at 8:30pm... couldn't sleep I was in so much pain but finally nodded off hours later.

Woke up Saturday feeling better. My lower back STILL hurt, but I felt marginally better so off to the zoo we went. Even stopped to brunch at Denny's for some yummy pancakes!

Then it just got worse. Off to urgent care I went. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't rush off to the docs... EVER. But it was just that bad. Well, I had a kidney infection and a fever of 104. I got a shot in the rump and sent home with orders that if that fever did not come down and stay down or if the pain got worse I was to go to the hospital. Fun. Got the fever down. Battled it off and on all day Sunday. Then I started getting a sore throat... you've got to be kidding me. I had to go back on Monday anyway (due to the holiday couldn't follow up with my doc yet)... the kidney infection was getting better but a have a massive cold and sore throat. So 4 scripts later, here I am. I'm starting to feel human again, and no longer have pain, but man oh man am I exhausted!

Definitely NOT how I expected to spend our long weekend together :(

2 comments:

shelley c. said...

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then get a babysitter and go out for a drink or something, cuz MAN do you deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

T ~ So glad to hear that you are on the mend. I appreciate the post as I was wondering how you were doing. Love, Aunt J