Friday, October 1, 2010

Hold on tight, life's a ride!

Today is my birthday, I'm *cough* 32 *cough*

I found these pics to be appropriate for today for many reasons.




First of all that motorcycle was mine. Yes, mine from eons ago. I'm the oldest grandchild... so almost every grandchild after me has ridden that bike. It did get out of the loop for awhile until my uncle found someone to fix a few things on it, then he gave it to Jake last year. My mom shipped it to us. We let him ride in on our first floor (all tile) sometimes. Then it was parked in our closet and used as a clothes tree and was forgotten about (yes, organizing the huge closet is on the list!). The boys were playing in our room one day like they always do when I'm getting ready. Out they come flying out of the closet and off they go!

It was unexpected to say the least! I can't believe that thing held a charge for a YEAR!

They had a good time cruising around. Since Evan is actually bigger even if he's not taller... they switched places so Jake could still drive but not have his knees all bent into it. The pics aren't the best quality due to the movement, but they crack me up!

Makes me think of some quotes:

Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I am with you kid. Let's go." ~Maya Angelou

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.~Henry Miller

You don't want to get to the end of life's journey and discover you never left the interstate. ~Robert Brault

Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day.~Melody Beattie, "Finding Your Way Home"

"Life is too important to be taken seriously."~ Oscar Wilde

And last but NOT least:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "~ Ferris Bueller

Love my two little monkeys for always helping me to see things differently and usually in amazing ways!

4 comments:

shelley c. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayelet said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

W Design said...

Happy Birthday!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe you still have that bike....so cute!