Sunday, November 14, 2010

200th post!! Scarves & thrift store finds!

My blog is really an eclectic assortment of topics! That's just me, I just bounce around and depending upon the amount of motivation (or energy) I often switch gears.

The other day I was reading about this design blogger and her outfits. Scarves included and some neat ways to tie them! I've acquired 3 scarves now, and find more and more catching my eye!

When I was up north last month I got use out of them, yay fun! And it's starting to be in the 50's here now so I can bust them back out. So I tried one of the ways she showed, it worked AND I liked it very much! It was comfy and laid well. What do you think??

(oh! With the first scarf she tied and pinned with a flower pin, I was totally thinking of my girl Ellie's creations from Rose is a Rose Designs!)



I wore this out to breakfast with some gal pals yesterday. Afterwards, I went thrift store shopping. The last few months I've been immersed in design blogs, especially those about working with what you have and decorating on a budget. Since then I've started my own little projects and have loved the results. For my home and for myself. Being a SAHM isn't a real productive job... I mean of course I DO a lot all day long and my kids are growing like unruly weeds. However, nothing I do stays "done"... meals are baked, cooked, eaten and leave a huge mess, dishes get dirty again, so does laundry, as does the boys, not to mention the house. Anyway, long story short... it's been a nice creative and inexpensive outlet for me.

I went to a GoodWill and a local ministry thrift store. I totally did NOT luck out on any furniture finds (looking for a few things for upcoming projects) but I did score some other little things... all in all I spent $20 total. Take a gander, but be sure to put on your "see the potential" glasses for some of them. If there are some items you're wondering... what the heck? Just wait and see, just remember I'm slow! :) The frog picture for the boys bathroom got cleaned off and hung asap! As much as I want to keep scouring thrift stores, I already have a backlog of projects... so I should just finish the ones I start first (my Achilles heel I tell ya!).


Okay, my friends, humor me... in honor of my 200th post please leave me a comment (if you don't have a google account just post under anonymous and sign your name)! Please? Even if it's just to say hi! Or if you want, here's a cute pic of the boys playing yesterday,  if you just want to comment on them (since half this blog is all about them anyways!). The pic is blurry but I love it... Evan was covered from head to toe in stickers that Jake was putting all over him. He wore them until bathtime!

16 comments:

Charlene said...

I'm totally addicted to thrift stores and yard sales. I like looking at furniture too. But I almost always gravitate to the housewares. I love buying candlesticks, shelves and picture frames or old mirrors. I also love old vases and glassware. I have tons of candlesticks and I have painted all of them (but one, which was reddish burgandy and already matched) white. I love shelves too, because they can be pretty expensive in stores and when you find them cheap and add some paint, they look just as nice as they do in the store. I'll have to post some pics of my finds (only most of mine are already finished projects).

Have fun with your great finds!! And happy 200th :-)

Kate said...

Hi!

Ayelet said...

Hey, I also love Jones Design Co! You might also like the Pleated Poppy's flower pins...just google :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I loe pleated poppy's pins...just need order some for myself...also like her sunglass cases...Happy 200th!! Steph

shelley c. said...

Hi!! :)

Love your scarf look. Love those cute kids.

<3

Happy 200th!!

Anonymous said...

I still read all the time Tyson! Congrats on 200 posts!!
Jennifer (ethan-christian-emma's mom!)

ourbabymakesfour said...

WTG on your 200th post and for being so crafty! BTW, that's a great pic of you :)

W Design said...

I'm also a huge fan of Jones Design Co. I just did her painted wallpaper!! And Goodwill! I love Goodwill Hunting! Way to go on your 200th post, Tyson! :)

ElizabethOrmes said...

I am going to try and tie my scraf like that - hope I can figure it out! LOL! Congrats on 200 posts! I need to get back to working on mine. Oh, and love the frog pic and the boys are as always too cute!

Tys said...

Big huge thanks to all of you that took a quick moment to leave me a message! I super appreciate it!! If anyone else is reading but not commenting, that's cool... just say hi this one time ;)

Elizabeth, the first time I did my scarf like that I had the page open on my laptop and then run back and forth from there to a mirror to do it! :)

Sarah said...

Hey Tyson! You've inspired me to pull out my scarves from my years up north. I always forget to use them down here! Hope our paths cross again soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 200th post Tyson.

Stacy

Ellie Davis said...

"hi!" :)

Anonymous said...

Hello T ~ Congratulations on posting 200 wonderful blogs and all the pictures that you provided as well! LOVE reading about what is going on with you. You do me proud with being so crafty. Remember our marathon Christmas crafts we used to do? Lots of Love, Aunt J

Bethany said...

Ooh, I must go scarf shopping. Yours looks great and I liked that other site you posted. Thanks!

Megan @ Meanwhile... said...

Hey Tyson! I read, I really do! I'm just behind these days. I love your finds and your cutie pies. I totally kwym about finishing current projects. I think we can blame it on our day jobs...too many distractions!