Thursday, November 18, 2010

Do you have one of these? Perhaps you should!

I simply cannot remember the site I was browsing one day when it said the same thing. "If you don't have one of these, you really should get one. It's a very versatile piece!"


I forgot to include this little versatile lovely in my picture from my thrifting last weekend, it was in the dishwasher! It was $1.99, when I got home I saw the price was written on it in RED permenant marker... I thought it was a wax pencil. Oh no! Is it ruined already!? But wait, they wouldn't really mark up stuff that would ruin every they sell. So I got out the good ole Goo Gone, it worked! Woo-hoo!

I happily placed this in my serving dish cabinet when it was nice and sparkly clean. I started thinking then, it really is a versatile piece. Let's see how...

My Grandma uses hers to hold her fruit.


Cookies would be good too!

How about a grouping of candles?

Or what about OUT of the kitchen? Like in the bathroom to hold your lovelies? 



Some other non-pictured ideas... crackers & cheese, a charger for under a short full potted plant for a centerpiece, or if I got on the ball and started making my own bread it would be beautiful all pre cut and sitting in here waiting to be eaten!

Last but NOT least... these two that have nothing to do with that piece (except maybe they'll break it in their future) crack me up like no other! :)

5 comments:

Charlene said...

I love mine...it's really pretty too with little pink roses on it. I bought mine at a thrift store too. The only thing I've used it for so far was to bake tarts in it. But it's nice to see other options for it :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE it in the bathroom!! Steph

Ayelet said...

I do have one of those, but um, I use it for baking and cooking! LOVE the goggles :)

Tys said...

Well yes, BESIDES what it's originally intended for! ;)

Ellie Davis said...

i like!