Friday, January 28, 2011

Little Changes = Vday Mantel

A couple weeks away is Valentines Day, quite honestly I've never decorated for this holiday. I'm not really a red & pink frilly frou-frou type.. so the decorations never interest me. But of course I start seeing all these mantels all decorated for it, the brain goes in overdrive, and I wanted to play too!

I just recently "winterized my mantel" you can read that post here.


So here's my Valentines Mantel keeping it very similar to the winter one (as always due to that crazy window over my fireplace, it makes for awkward pictures, always looks better in person, I promise!).

With a brown paper bag hearts garland

Brown paper & wax paper hearts thinly scattered within the decor that was already there. I also swapped out the picture with one of a heart of stones on a beach... I thought it went really well!

Subtle yet nice and very easy to decorate and didn't cost me a penny!! What's not to love? :)

Joining Beth for her Valentines Mantel party, her site is responsible for my mantel finally getting some attention after so much neglect!

Also Debbie from Debbiedoos suggested I use this post to link up to her Newbie blogging party! I'm not new to blogging, but it's only the last 6 months that I got interested in really "getting out and about". If you're visiting from Debbiedoos, get to know more about me, hope to see you around!

Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.

~old indian saying

22 comments:

Amy said...

your mantel is so sweet. I love the neutral colors and the brown paper bag hearts was super clever. Very cute. I am new to blogging...and love the linky parties so I can find cute new blogs to look at. Thanks for being one of my favorites!!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Love the addition of the paper hearts. Perfect way to make it say Valentine's in a splendidly non-traditional way!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Fabuloso! Thanks for joining in, have fun!!~

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I love the photo you put on your mantel. It is Valentine's without screaming red and pink and glitz.

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

I agree with Grace. I love the simplicity! Nicely done!

Laurie said...

Found you through Debbiedoos and now following. Love your blog

Here On Crow Creek said...

I seen your pretty mantel picture over at debbiedoos and I am so glad to visit you. I love how you made the hearts out of the brown paper bag. Looks great! I am now a new follower and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful blog:)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

the paper hearts are a twist on the paper dolls I use to make as a kid! To cute I am visiting from Debbiedoos, I am your newest follower and wishing you tons of luck!

Carol

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hello, I'm a newbie too! Love that brown paper heart garland, what a great idea and I especially love the picture with the stone hearts.
I'm your newest follower too, stop by soon!

Rondell

alimoll said...

Oh my! I love your mantle! So simple and clean! Love it! I'm a newbie from Debbiedoos! Happy to have found your blog!

A Vintage Vine said...

The paper hearts are darling...I'm a newbie too! Isn't this fun getting to know each other! Happy blogging!

Cathy said...

Great mantel, have to change mine in the morning. New follower and newbie to blogging.

Cathy@cathyscupboardcalamity

Amanda said...

Brown paper hearts, love them! and the beach photo actually makes me want to go down the beach and recreate my! I've joined from Debbiedoos and shall be following to see what other fb ideas you share

Terrie said...

Your decoration is simply gorgeous ! Love the brown paper hearts.

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Love the brown paper hearts! What a neat idea. Your whole mantle, of course, is gorgeous.

Stop by my blog sometime this week and enter my giveaway if you can...

Rachel Murphy said...

love it. that is so elegant yet celebrates the holiday. Very nice

Found your site from Debbiedoo's link up party

Hope you have a great weekend.

Mandy said...

I love the paper hearts. Great idea! Following you from the "newbie party." Looking forward to reading your blog!

Nicole said...

I really like that you were able to use neutral colors and still get that Vday feeling! Visiting from Debbiedoos

Que Bella said...

Wow... I love your paper bag heart garland. Such a neat (& crafty) idea. Ohhh, I also love that pic, in your header, of the two boys. So sweet.

I found your blog via Debbidoo's newbie party & am now following:)

Tammy@beatrice banks said...

Your garland is perfect! Love it.
Finding you via Debbie's Newbie party. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Have a great day!
Tammy

Michelle said...

Great job on the mantel--I am always looking for new ideas so thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more...

CAS said...

Simple beauty, that's what I like, too. Your blog looks like fun, so I'm following along.
CAS