Monday, January 17, 2011

Sort & Shred & Sort & File

This weekend's organization project was to tackle the file cabinet! In the past we've always been very good about tackling it each new year. Sorting through each file, tossing the previous years stuff if needed, leaving the last bill, rehoming misfiled papers, and most of shredding!!

However, last year, we didn't do it. Not sure what our deal was but we though, eh, this file cabinet is bigger than our last and we're just to dang tired and not up to it. So this time it was a bit of a larger project than normal. Even so, I was surprised that it didn't take AS long I either of us feared.

Our file cabinet before...



Our file cabinet after (two garbage bags of shredded paper later)...



Okay, so it's not the prettiest B&A I've ever done and it still kinda looks kinda messy (we saved all the stuff from when we relocated - that's all the stuff on the end of the one side) But still, I say YAY anyway! Another non-panic inducing drawer now :)

5 comments:

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I used to collect what I wanted to shred until it became too much to shred. Now, I actually have the shredder out and shred as I go. So much better!

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!!! The shred part is the pits no matter when you do it!

Sheri

Anonymous said...

Next on my to-do list. It amazes me how much alike we are! :) J

Rachel @ A Tall Drink of Water said...

I do the same thing that Carmie does...shred as I go...it's som much easier!!

Tys said...

Very true, shredding as we go seems the most logical! But only finding a chunk of time once a year seems easier at this crazy point in our lives than finding time daily or weekly... gotta keep that shredder up and away from little fingers :)

Thanks for visiting!!