Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh wow, I was mentioned :)

So Katie of Ohh Baby was so kind to pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to me!
(*blushes* looks around thinking, "who me?"). Thanks girl! Go check out her fun little blog! She makes baby slings too... you know I swear up and down about baby slings!

image

The rules are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award

2. Answer 10 questions

3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy

4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

And the 10 questions are:
 
1. Why did you create your blog?
My blog morphs as my personal trials, wins, interests and musings take me along for this ride called life! It was originally created as a way to document our lives for our family and friends since we live so far from everyone. Then it turned into my outlet which then became my creative outlet. It's a little bit of everything and I feel it keeps me sane and happy... it's also fun to not just be talking to myself!

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
Mostly ones dedicated to their family life and also gobs and gobs of home decor/organiztion/diy/thrifting/crafts types. A few fashion ones (I need all the help I can get!) and recipe/entertaining ones. Oh and also frugal/money saving mama types!

3. Favorite brand of make-up?
I'm not really brand loyal I try to find stuff on sale that I have a coupon for... have been trying to go the more mineral based route when I can.

4. Favorite brand of clothing?
Again, not real brand loyal there either whatever I can find that doesn't have me running out of the dressing room for dear life works ;)

5. Indispensable make-up product?
That's a hard one... cover-up (for the dark circles), foundation (to even up the skin) or mascara (to fake that I'm awake, ha ha) all tie for vanity purposes... but I think chapstick/lipgloss would be indispensable... gotta always have one available or I feel claustaphobic (not really, but you know what I mean right?), lol!

6. Favorite color?
Green!

7. Favorite perfume?
Jadore, I haven't found any I like better!

8. Favorite movie?
Now this is REALLY hard (the only thing that would be more hard is to list my favorite books!)... it's very random... The Last of the Mohicans, Princess Bride, Gladiator, Dodgeball (best quotes ever), The Fifth Element, Independence Day, Home Alone, and Titanic (I know, I know, but seriously I cry every single time!). Note to Self: I need to find some new more recent fave movies

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Again, that's a HUGE list... picking just one...New Zealand, it just looks so fantastically different with a serene feel to it.

10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
I don't wear blush, so forgetting to do one eye would be bad ;)

Here are some blogs I've recently came across and have enjoyed reading (and getting to know) that are either new or at least new to me!

Jennifer @ Peas & Crayons
The Cape on the Corner
Pam @ House of Hawthornes
Amy @ Brown Paper Packages
Amanda @ City Girl Gone Coastal
Wendy @ Simply Brookes
Chris @ Us & Them

Gosh there are so many more I wish I could add!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for mentioning me in your blog!! That is the first time for me... EVER! I guess since I am so new to this blog world it truly means a TON!
I love how you have your tag on the side that show you the followers you have...sometimes I feel like I am writing to no one.

the cape on the corner said...

thanks so much, you are too sweet! it's so nice to learn more about you-narrowing down a place i'd like to travel to and my favorite movies are going to be hard for me, too! thanks again, and i'll be writing up my post this week!

Jennifer said...

Thank you dahling! <3

Amanda said...

Thank you so much, I'm really stoked that you thought of my blog!

Chris said...

Thanks so much!