Sunday, March 6, 2011

Early March Mantel!

Since Fall my mantel has been finally getting some attention ('bout time!).

When we left for our H Family 2011 Road Trip Feb 19th Texas was still in winter mode. When we came back spring had arrived!! Hooray! So time to cut back the dead stuff outside, prep for some planting soon, and change the mantel ;)


I left the H and the black frame.
Added in some stick/twine balls, a black bird, and some touches of green(ery).



Thought I'd add in just a splash of St. Patricks Day with a picture of castle ruins on the Irish coast, and a four leaf clover from my aunts St. Patrick Day wedding 21 years ago!



I'm happy with it!


Are you getting out any St. Patrick's Day decor this year since it and Easter are so far apart this time around? I also put a little shamrock ornament on the hook in my kitchen that gets switched out with the holiday/seasons! Nothing too over the top, but enough to give it a little extra pep :)

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
~Irish Blessing

Also joining some linky parties for some fun!

Third Annual   St. Patrick\

Us and Them

&

Debbiedoos Newbie Linky Party 

11 comments:

April said...

I LOVE your march mantel! Very crisp & clean!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

March mantel is looking good! Fun and fresh. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun.
Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Your mantel looks so pretty! Perfect for early spring!

Chris said...

Very pretty mantel! I makes me feel like Spring is right around the corner! Thanks for linking up! Chris

Anonymous said...

Lookin GOOD! Love, Aunt J

Amanda said...

Your mantel looks great, loving the 'cleanness' of whites and creams at the moment! Such a lovely addition of a memento from your aunts wedding!

Kathleen said...

Love your mantel, and your home!
Thanks for linking up to the St. Pat's Blog Crawl!

La said...

Looks terrific! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your mantel looks great and the four leaf clover is really special-enjoy:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your mantel looks fabulous! I love the greenery...it's so spring~like!!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

XO,
Janie

Foley said...

Beautiful mantle! Simple and elegant...