Thursday, March 17, 2011

A little bit more progress in the foyer!

I feel like I've been MIA. Guess I have been. Adding the gym to our schedule has thrown me for quite a loop and has taken up some time (with hopefully some good results)!

Blogging has taken a few steps down of the list of things to do... I guess it's been noticed. I've lost some followers :( Trying just to take it with a grain of salt and move on (still kinda hurts to know someone specfically went through all the steps to remove me from their blog list!)... I never promised anything with this blog except that what you see is what we are! Sometimes I'm really crafty, sometimes not. Sometimes we do a bunch around the house, sometimes not. Sometimes I speak of what is weighing on my mind, sometimes it's light fluff. Sometimes it's all about the boys, other times they don't get mentioned and mama guilt sets in ;) But, it's always just plain "Us"!

Anyhoo... back to that progress in the foyer! Last time I showed you this space, I transformed an old picture into a mirror.

Since then we've added a bench and a little side table that was in the attic.


Waiting to find a coat rack still. Then that will complete the "meat & potato" part of the design plan. Then I'll add a small framed picture to the bottom right of the mirror. Plus color, we need some COLOR! A different lampshade, some kind of neat/colorful/childsafe knick knack (does that even exist?) on the small table. A plant in a colorful pot on the floor next to the table and then a rug too!

When I mention baby steps, I sure mean baby steps around here! Little by little :)

3 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

it's a great little space now, and color would definitely spice things up. i HATE the whole losing followers thing, seriously, i don't even know how to do that, and it would take a LOT for me to unfollow someone. i'm going through a medical thing with my dad right now, and i have blogged 2times in the last two weeks. i hope i don't lose any followers b/c of it, but if i do, it's their loss!

⊰OCDesign⊱ said...

Looks great! I've said it before, I love your style. Its funny there are specific styles to different states, I guess since your my neighbor our styles are similar. All your ideas sound great, a rug and possible new lamp shade would make a big difference too for color.

Lindsay said...

Adjusting to a new schedule always takes time to get things back to "normal", at least it does for me! Try not to worry about losing followers, that happens from time to time. It's their loss :)