Sunday, April 17, 2011

Feeling a bit scattered...

Not necessarily in a bad way. I feel scattered all due to good things!

The Gym: Remember when we joined a month ago? I'm proud to announce I've gone almost 5 days a week every week since (only dipping down to 4 days when we had all of our company!). I've lost only two pounds... but the difference is a lot thus far! My posture is better, my jelly belly is smaller and not hanging over my waistband (and oh my, I have some ab muscles forming!!), and I have arm & leg muscles starting to form where I've never had any definition before! Oh and I'm sleeping like a rock at night now! Woohoo, after dealing with insomnia for so long, this is awesome. I'm still tired, and Greg has to do anything at night with the boys because I'm seriously out cold... but finally some sleep after 4 or so years!

Been doing a mix of things, that way I don't get bored with it. More or less I do some cardio and some weight machines (focusing different days on different parts of the body), I do one yoga class a week, and I swim laps for about an hour once a week too.

I've tried a couple classes and did some interval running with a friend, but nothing that's become a routine yet. We'll see!

The boys are so-so on childcare, but I just keep on trucking. Jake usually throws a fit every morning and would cry. Evan was golden. Now I've noticed the last few times, Evan is crying and being held by a worker when I get there. It's super frustrating... but like I said, we keep on truckin' anyway! Eventually they'll like it, right???

It's full fledged summer here: lots of being outside, lots events involving water or a lot of sweating (on top of the gym stuff) = lots of more laundry! We're seeking out more parks, so we spend more time going there, playing, and finding ways to clean up all the sand, dirt & sticks we bring home with us!

My Kindle: my new mission in life... to find quality free books on Amazon to read. Which requires me stalking Amazon... which is a two-fold time suck ;)

The Hermit/Social Butterfly: I jokingly declare us (myself) hermits... but really we aren't anymore. I've made so many wonderful friends & neighbors down here! There's tons of stuff to do all the time! Lump all that together for a fun but busy schedule! Not sure how it happened, but it did. I do enjoy it, but I'm not one of those people that get all energized by being busy... it wears me out!

Last but not least... I dare say I've lost the blogging bug? Sometimes I wonder who/what I'm blogging for? Six months ago I was so enjoying all the home decor, and being creative, etc... now I just kind of fizzled out. Usually once I declare myself fizzled out, about a week later I get a renewed sense of blogging ;) So we'll see. I have a million ideas bouncing around in my head that I'd love to do... but then I look at the mound of laundry, my unorganized vanity drawer, or take a peek at my side of the bed that needs picked up. Maybe I'll go take care of all those little yet essential things and the ole hobby will fall back into place?

Hope so!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good for you on the gym!!! I think blogging goes in spurts, not sure how some people do it every day.

Lindsay @ My Happily Ever After said...

Sounds like your gym stuff is going great! I've been working out 6 days a week for the past month (I don't have kids yet so it's much easier for me) and I am feeling great! I've also lost about 2-3lbs since I started, but I really feel like my body looks much different...weird how that happens!

Don't worry if you need to take a blogging break, we'll be here when you're ready to return :)