Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Hallway Gallery Wall

In July, I blogged originally about my photo collage/gallery wall project... but I also included other projects in that post and it got long & wordy. I saw that Melissa at the Inspired Room is having a Gallery Wall linky party. Thought I'd show that wall again real quick to join the party :)



The wall is in this little hallway that goes from our living room to our master bedroom




It's a bit harder than I thought it would be. Getting all the right photos (wanted more b&w so the color ones would pop), the right frame (just used what I had in black), and then figuring out the layout. I had the layout all spiffy and I actually thought I'd remember it. Um, that'd be a big fat negative. So took me even more time to figure it out again ;)

Then we just hung the left picture and went from there. Eyeballing the layout to match what I figured out... measuring this would of caused us to either divorce or each have a stroke. It all turned out great though!

I love it, I look at it every time I walk by and it makes me smile! However, I'm noticing the photos all are starting to seem old... not sure I'm ready to re-do it quite yet though!!

Thinking of a gallery wall in your home (yes, Mary, I'm talking to you!)? Go check out this party and see what others link up. I love the walls that also add in art, empty frames, etc... fun! :)

2 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Just popping over from The Inspired Room. It is great to see your gallery wall. Mine is #10.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey

ps. What a fun way to honor your family.

Denise said...

I love family pictures on the wall. Why hide them in an album (or on a computer) Great idea
D