Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I have kitchen curtains!

Okay, valances really... and total "mistreatments" too ;)

They certainly add some "umph" to the room. I bought the material last september ( I know!) and have been sitting on it since then. I'll tell you what, my sewing machine intimidates the beejeezers out of me. I have all these things I want to try to make, I walk in, stare at the machine a bit, then walk back out of the room!

A good friend offered her assistance! YAY! She came over one evening to kinda give me a lesson on my machine (which is the second time someone has had to do this for me). After all the prep work of measuring, cutting, and starting to iron... I only had enough black thread to sew one side! OOPS!

So the next week I went to her house with her fancy machine and oodles of sewing goodies! Here they are!



BEFORE:



AFTER:



UP CLOSE:



I love 'em! :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Must feel so good to have those done!! Sometimes things sound so easy and just really aren't. I havebeen dreaming about dining room curtains in similiar material. Yours look great and make a huge difference!

the cape on the corner said...

they look great! good for you-i don't do sewing, so i can totally understand being intimidated by the machine!