The last few days have been ridiculous. Lots of stress, but it's all going to be for a very good outcome that I hope to be able to soon share.
It was perfect! The long walk helped burn off that extra anxiety and then relaxing & playing in the pool was just what I needed. The boys can totally swim by themselves (with their swim vests on) so I can just float or swim myself! Then they started jumping in... they LOVED it and were soooo proud of themselves! They were going completely under and Jake was even touching the bottom with is feet. Seeing them having sooo much fun and so full of pride just cheered me right up. Stress be gone!
Somehow in the middle of all the craziness this morning I whipped up this "Corn Dog" Casserole.
To adults it might sound not so appetizing... but it's easy and it's not fried like corn dogs really are. Thought it would be perfect to take to a swim playdate where they get so hungry from swimming that just snacks don't cut it.
1 tblspn of butter
2 boxes of corn muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
6-8 hotdogs (I used Hebrew National)
1 tblspn sugar (I think I did 3 on accident and it was just fine)
4 slices of American cheese
1. Preheat 400*
2. Place butter in small baking dish and melt in microwave for 30 seconds, make sure entire bottom is coated
3. Mix the mix, eggs, sugar, and milk in bowl until well combined
4. Pour 1/3 of batter into baking dish. Line with whole hotdogs in rows on top of that batter.
5. Place cheese over hotdogs and cover with rest of batter
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until the ole toothpick comes out clean
7. Cover and throw into stroller to take with (oh wait, that was just us!) :)
Thought I'd share a little slice of our day with you! Hope it was a good one!
"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."