Monday, September 5, 2011

Be still... the rise above & move on...

I've gone on before about how I'm pretty much like an 80 year old bird watcher. I don't just like to watch them, but I think they're telling us things sometimes.

There's been some hummingbirds visiting us. I've always just seen them fluttering around, take a quick sip, and flit away. Well, we've got a guy that will just sit and hang out... for almost 30 minutes once. I think it's because it's so hot, the feeder is in a shady spot with a breeze.





Last time I examined all my feathered friends last year, I found out:
When the hummingbird visits it's to remind.... to restore balance & health; find joy in what we do; to be fiercely independent & revel in our freedom; create joy within our home: and to get regular deep sleep & rest as to not burn out. Main message is to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances (pretty deep for such a little bird!)."Tireless Joy & the Nectar of Life"
 
Wow. Like my own personal little messenger, right? After such a stressful summer, I do believe he's trying to tell us something... HEY... DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU?? For me it's time to see through the horrible summer and remember the miracle and find joy in our life even when grief threatens to shut it out.
 
A new one for me... is the Swallow.
 

 
Swallows remind me of my childhood home. Seeing them out at dusk catching insects and building their mud nest near our home. Makes me warm, cozy, and lighthearted. However this summer, I never saw a single one :( Except right before we headed home after burying baby Grant. We literally were on the airport exit ramp off the interstate... it swooped down in a dive did a little wing waggle then curved back up and out of sight. It was nice to smile for the first time out of whimsy and see beyond my personal fog. Thank you little Swallow.
 
It is said that if a Swallow has shown up it is when you are allowing yourself to rehash old issues and problems and not move on. It's an indication you need some perspective. Rise above it and move on. Objectivity is key. By keeping your objectivity you will be able to easily protect your home and add greater warmth to your life and to the lives of those you touch.
 
I haven't had time to research it's message until now. Pretty powerful when combined with the timing... very interesting. Just had to share.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Love this. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Battjer said...

Wow... I love this. Brought tears to my eyes.