Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fantel (Fall + Mantel) 2011

So... it's Fall! I did take the big boys to the beach this weekend and for the first time ever I let us get sunburned (oops!)... but no matter the temps... it's time for FALL! Last time I left you all with the Summer Mantel (finally).

Been sort of a slow-but-sure process around here lately... but the mantel is decorated! I participated in my first fantel party last year and made sure I got myself up & going (seriously lacking motivation lately) to do it again this year :) YAY fun! If visiting from the linky party... big Hello :) Just try to ignore the window over the fireplace. Simply explanation... it's a direct vent gas fireplace & the builder thought this was cool I guess ;) So, here it is:



This year I was trying for more green in the mix. I love fall colors don't get me wrong... but it's not really any of the colors I use in my house. So I wanted it to blend a bit more. Plus it's still in the 90's here... so green is still a part of fall in these parts! As always, the budget was very minimal. Some of these Pinterest pins were my inspiration...

Fall pumpkins in lanterns  glass vase, pumpkins and branches



White and green fall decorations love the green gourds.  These would be cute in a basket on the bathroom counter for fall...

I added my Lantern steals from Lowe's... topped off above with my Teardrop Yarn Wreath.





As always, I love have stuff out for the kiddos too. It helps make the holidays more real to them... not to mention fun! (and in looking at these pics I think I need a small rug to toss over the hearth for the pot o'toys to set on. hmmmmm.....)



After Halloween I'll remove some of the decor... I'm going to try to pull off a more elegant fall mantel for November, since I HAVE to have the fun stuff for the boys up there! They love it!



Happy Fall! Come back and visit soon!

The Lettered Cottage

4 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I think your mantel is great! Love that lantern. :) I've never seen a window above a fireplace...that was an interesting choice on the builder's part, huh? You did a great job disguising it! Visiting from Layla's Fall Mantel party. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

the cape on the corner said...

i have that same knobby kneed scarecrow! great minds. i love that you lined all those halloween books up, i do the same thing. yes, that's right, i have children's halloween books and no children. it's ok, right?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hi T, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fantel! I also enjoyed the pumpkin on the end table that peeped out in one of your shots :) Love, Aunt J

Marsha said...

I thought those looked like Lowe's lanterns! I love them...I got several this summer, too. I just posted a story about painting some of the lanterns.