Sunday, September 11, 2011

I *heart* NY (9.11.11)

September 11th... I don't feel qualified as a speaker or a writer to talk much about today. I remember this time so well. I had just moved to Atlanta, didn't even have a job yet. Spent the next few days completely GLUED to the TV in horror, sadness, hopelessness & hope, and overcome by patriotic feelings. I can't believe it's been 10 years.

I wanted to wear my I *heart* NY shirt today.

I've never liked how the shirt fit, it felt boxy and tight around the neck. Lately, I've joined the ranks of pinterest addicition (come follow me, I'll follow you!) and have been seeing small easy ways to change your shirts... one being simply to cut off the collar and hems. These unisex type shirts just really don't make for a very flattering or feminine fit/look. Figured this would be a great shirt to try it out on!







Wearing today with pride (and with a better fit/look). Will never forget.


These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat.
But they have failed; our country is strong.
President George W. Bush

September 14, 2001

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!