Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pantry is done! I'm calling it a party!

I'm only a day late... but here it is... an organized and ever-so-slightly beautified pantry on a zero dollar budget!


So from this...


To this...

And this...


To this...



I'm happy with it! I can actually walk in there now and not feel like stuff is going to fall on me! Organization wise: put in a wire shelf  that we've had for a year (waiting to be put up). I shopped the house to keep all the containers either white or black. Put little or loose things together. Now I would really love to put some of the stuff in different locations... but it's funny how much kids things change things. I have to put the cans on the bottom shelf because if they play/drop one it won't cause much damage... and if I put them up high out of their reach, I'm so clumsy I'd drop one on my head or foot for sure! Medicines/vitamins had to go up high of course. I also put my baking stuff so that I can see it right when I walk in, it helps keep me in the mood to bake and reminds me too ;)


Above the 3 drawer unit I already had is school stuff for Jake, coloring books, paper, etc... and the family binder with all my coupons. Next to it I moved the cat & dog food containers over, took off the labels and made them labels from the computer.



On the other side I took a square laundry basket to hold all the bags (grocery, reusable, and trash bags)... much easier access and looks so much better too.

What you can't see: Put a command hook on the back of the door to hang my apron. Much better & safer than hanging off the fire extinguisher.

I would of loved to of painted or wallpapered like I see so many... but to make the biggest difference in this bland pantry... black accents was the best I could do! I spray painted some baskets and the big black box is a spray painted diaper box to house all my crap that's waiting to be "pinterestly inspired" :) It helps not drive Greg nuts with it all... he thinks I'm nuts at the stuff I save... but then is amazed with what I end up doing with it!

Do you have before & afters of your pantry? Please put your blog post in the comments and I'd be pleased as punch to add it into this post for others to visit!

My friend over at C Mom Cook cleaned out her pantry too! She's part of the Daring Baker/Cooks community, so she has lots of different stuff in her pantry at all times, check her out! Tell her I sent ya :)

10 comments:

Fallon said...

Look great Tyson!

ElizabethOrmes said...

Great Job Tyson! I don't have a pantry to organize but do have a laundry room, sub-basement, garage... Ugh, I have a lot to do ;) Seriously, though good work on a $0 budget!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Looks great

kimmyk76 said...

Looks awesome Tyson!!! I couldn't pull it off. :( I'm very inspired though!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!! One thing this house doesn't have is a good pantry!

Great idea withe diaper box. May need to find one and paint with chalkboard paint so I can write on it..... change my mind too much for labels;) thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Sheri

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!! One thing this house doesn't have is a good pantry!

Great idea withe diaper box. May need to find one and paint with chalkboard paint so I can write on it..... change my mind too much for labels;) thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Sheri

shelley c. said...

Thanks for the super fun pantry party. Who would have thought that cleaning the pantry would be fun?!? Lemme know your next brainstorm, and I'm totally in for that party, too! :)

Stephanie M said...

Looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Super job T! Thanks for sharing the results of your Pantry Party! Love, Aunt J

Pam said...

Wow, you are organized. Love the spray painted diaper box idea. May have to steal that idea from you.