Friday, December 2, 2011

H Boys Pirate Birthday Bash!

Catching up on this! I asked my friend to take pics of the party since I knew I'd be running around like a loon. (Wasn't that nice!?) Then we had the hardest time actually getting the pictures from her to me... you'd think that'd be simple this day in age! Figured it out... so here we go!
I posted earlier about some of our prep work, like the invites and such.




Our "theme" was slightly Jake & the Neverland Pirates... I wanted pirates without all the gore and stuff since they are only turning 5 & 3 :)

Started out with dressing the mantel (look! Lowe's Lanterns!)... it was pretty fun it's all stuff we had... I didn't buy anything but the balloons! Arrgh!


"X" marked the spot for the party!



Even taped red rectangles on the floor through the house like a map... first stop the chest o'presents (that our mates were so kind to fill)...




Also to don pirate garb (the jewels chest also had coins & shells, but the kids cleared those out asap!)...



I just dug through the remnants bin at Jo Ann's a couple times and cut up into scarves for our pirates!

Eventually leading to this...


....as Shipwreck Island (it was huge & rented at a great rate! lots of fun!!)

Shipwreck Island - jake-and-the-never-land-pirates photo


And I tried to make it sort of like Jake & the Neverland pirates hideaway behind the waterfall and create a psuedo ship with a sail over their picnic table.

Img 35270 jake-and-never-land-pirates-the-old-shell-game.jpg


 It was a really windy day though, so it's a little hard to see that. The bounce house rocked though!




After some playing after parlay... there was grub (pics mid grubbin... haha)!









Followed by some cannon fuses & fishy treats (mini choc chip muffins cupcakes with cream cheese frosting blue sprinkles and a chocolate graham fish!)....





Other shots from the party...







Table decor made up of battery-ran candles and various sand, shell, and twine items. Topped off with the hat Greg bought to wear, but didn't ... so I stuck it there!

It was a really good time! We had fun! The boys had fun! I think our guests had fun too! It got pretty hot & muggy that day so Jake didn't get to wear his Jake & the Neverland Pirate costume for the party that I made for Halloween.


Evan was able to be Cubby though! Fun times had by all... and nice pics huh? Thanks Ellie!

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Looks like it was alot of fun!! Your friend took some great shots too!

Angie said...

You are so creative! Love it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE seeing the birthday pictures of all the family; but I didn't see Momma in any of them. I'm sure you were moving so fast that it would have just been a blurr anyway. Ha! Love you, Aunt J

Frances said...

Looks like your kids surely had tons of fun! It might also be a good idea for them to check out the Jake and the Never Land Pirates at CostumeExpress for their next Pirate party!