Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cute Earring Storage!

Recently, I also finished up another project that's been months in the making. There are ton of ideas like this all over  the web (and pinterest of course!). I didn't follow one specific idea. Here are my cute framed earring storage!



I just have them propped up right now, waiting to go on the wall in our closet. Need to pick up a little before any pics are taken in there ;)

This is a really simple project! I promise!

I got the frames at goodwill for $1 each. Painted with acrylic craft paint. I just picked from the colors I already had... colors I might not get to use in other parts of the house like the brighter yellowish green.



Put on a few coats, let it dry, then rubbed with a little sandpaper here and there so that the original black peeked out a bit.


The screen we purchased at Lowe's (under $10 I believe), had to get it WAY more than I need since that's the only way it's sold. At a time like this I miss my dad's old house with the big garage & basement full of anything you were looking for. So I now have tons for any random future projects... or I could screen a couple of doors or porches, lol!



I just unrolled (be careful of the ends, I drew blood!), used regular scissors to cut to approximate size of frame.



Flipped over frame and used a staple gun to attach. Pulling it tight each time I stapled.




Ta-daa! Hang lovely earrings :)



They look a lot better than all jumbled in a heap on the vanity in between our sinks driving Greg crazy! That's always a nice valentines present for your spouse, to get your mess under control, ha ha ;)

It's been awhile but I decided to join up for Metamorphis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch!

5 comments:

shelley c. said...

Those look great!

Anonymous said...

Hi T ~ Cute idea! I've thought about something like this also but haven't put my thoughts into action yet. Ha! I'm so glad that you did. I have a question - when you hang them on the wall in the closet will you need a spacer behind the frames so there is enough room for ease of putting the earrings in their new 'home'? Love, Aunt J

Tys said...

Good question! I was wondering the same thing! We shall see. Planning on actually hanging them sometime today. Greg thinks with the picture hanger and the nail that it should leave enough space.

Jennifer Battjer said...

WOW! This is AWESOME! So stealing this!!!!

Designing Domesticity said...

Lots of cute projects on your blog. Am new around here, so will be snooping around for a bit. Thanks for sharing, liz