I just have them propped up right now, waiting to go on the wall in our closet. Need to pick up a little before any pics are taken in there ;)
This is a really simple project! I promise!
I got the frames at goodwill for $1 each. Painted with acrylic craft paint. I just picked from the colors I already had... colors I might not get to use in other parts of the house like the brighter yellowish green.
Put on a few coats, let it dry, then rubbed with a little sandpaper here and there so that the original black peeked out a bit.
The screen we purchased at Lowe's (under $10 I believe), had to get it WAY more than I need since that's the only way it's sold. At a time like this I miss my dad's old house with the big garage & basement full of anything you were looking for. So I now have tons for any random future projects... or I could screen a couple of doors or porches, lol!
I just unrolled (be careful of the ends, I drew blood!), used regular scissors to cut to approximate size of frame.
Flipped over frame and used a staple gun to attach. Pulling it tight each time I stapled.
Ta-daa! Hang lovely earrings :)
They look a lot better than all jumbled in a heap on the vanity in between our sinks driving Greg crazy! That's always a nice valentines present for your spouse, to get your mess under control, ha ha ;)
It's been awhile but I decided to join up for Metamorphis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch!