Thursday, March 8, 2012

March Book Club! "The Book Thief"

On Monday night it was my turn to host book club! I love to read and I love any reason to do something even a little creative. Since we discuss the book over dinner, thought I'd do a little tablescaping.
The book I selected for us to read was "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak

The Book Thief

I wanted it to be a simple yet nice tablescape to sort of reflect the book. Nothing too fancy or over the top at all, and just used what I had around the house. Yes, I had to use paper napkins. I realized I only have cloth napkins in sets of 4, and nothing that really coordinated.




 The Lowe's Lanterns make their appearence yet again! Best couple dollars I've ever spent!
Probably the simplest tablescape for anyone to share... but it was great for book discussing accompanied by delicious food and glasses of wine!
I tried out a new recipe for a side dish. Quinoa Almond Berry Salad by Oh She Glows....

Pinned Image

As with anything I make... I changed it a bit :) Nothing major... followed everything else I just used blackberries instead of cherries and fresh squeezed lemon juice instead of lime!
It was a nice evening! I recommend The Book Thief!
Some other book club books we've read in recent months...
The Kitchen Daughter
I've recommeded this one a ton!
Bossypants
Some definite laugh out loud moments (especially in the beginning)


The Lonely Polygamist: A Novel
This one was hard to get into, and it wasn't until the end that I realized I liked it


Joining up with Between Naps on the Porch's Tablescape Thursday linky party!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished the Tina Fey book and enjoyed it, as it made me laugh out loud. Love, Aunt J

Jo's This and That said...

Lovely post! Thanks for sharing Joann Come and follow me back

the cape on the corner said...

i love the book thief, it's one of my favorites. i read the lonely polygimist, but the cover looked totally different.

Liz said...

Definitely want to read The Kitchen Daughter now. :-) Beautiful tablescape!

Maggie said...

Loved the simplicity of your table - it was calming, yet really interesting. Perfect, I think for a book club gathering!

Though I don't belong to a book club, meet with friends on Sunday a.m. and we often discuss what we've read, or are reading. Both the Book Thief and the Kitchen Daughter seem like really good reads so will mention them.