Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Organization 2012

Alright... it's time!

We don't know WHEN we're moving, we just know it's happening sometime between now and the end of the summer. So since it's all out of my control and since we'll only know 3-4 weeks before Greg's expected for work at HQ in our nation's capital... there's not as much planning as I would like or feel comfortable with.

So I figure the only thing I can really do is get my ducks in a row around here.

Bring on the cabinets, closets, and nook & cranny purge! Not to mention dressers as well!

I've already done a few areas... the kids cabinet with cups, plates, etc...the boys linen closet in their bathroom... and under the sinks in the master bath.

That still leaves a LOT to do. In the last year any sense of organization has gone out the window! I have yet to really get back to it. Knowing we could move at anytime now makes me drag my feet on anything around here. Figure moving stuff we don't need or use will only help in the long run! So I'll probably be blogging a bit here and there about my doings.

I was going to have a yard sale... the neighborhood one is in a few weeks.

It's official, we're DONE as far as our family size. I sort of feel like a bad parent because I just don't think I could do all the newborn stuff again, let alone handle more schedules and coordinating. I've slowly been giving away baby stuff to friends and last week to a gal I know that directly works with families in social services. I was chatting with her and she was telling me some stories... they really hit me hard. I talked to Greg on the way home and I think we're just going to donate the rest of it all to her too. A yard sale is a lot of prep work & time... time is at a high commodity these days. Plus, people are vultures at these yard sales and with it being baby stuff it'll be nutso on steriods! While it would be nice to make some money back for all the money we originally spent... but we're feeling compelled to donate. Thinking I may try to sell my swing & bouncy seat together online locally though. It would certainly make things easier and hopefully help those out truly in need. Kind of makes the bittersweet milestone in our "family career" a little less bitter ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi T - sounds like you and G's hearts are in the right place. It's hard for me to not think of L as a newborn anymore but he must be getting closer to the crawling stage now. Good Luck with all your organization! Love, Aunt J

Kate said...

I know it's hard when you realize you're "done." As far as donating vs. garage sale-ing, I always prefer just to have whatever items GONE.