Friday, November 9, 2012

My first baby is a big boy!

I said it at 2, 3, 4, 5 and well now at SIX years old there's NO denying it! My first buddy is a big boy... but he'll ALWAYS be my first baby :)

Since I'm a wee bit behind on blogging... I'm playing catch up!

When the birthday boy woke up he came down to a table of presents stacked up, balloons, and a big ole muffin with a candle!


Opening presents - family sent lots!
 
He loved this Star Wars card with the music!
 
We have a silly little tradition. The night before one of the boys birthdays, Greg goes to the grocery store for balloons and whatever silly gift he can find to buy (this year it was a 3 way push pop thing!)! I think it'll be a fun thing to do and see evolve into the future.

Then we fulfilled Jake's birthday wish and went to good ole Chuck E. Cheese! He's been talking about it for EVER, and it's only about 3 miles from our house. He's never been... so I swear it's like we took them to Disneyland or something ;) I know when we think of CEC we all grimace... but honestly, I gotta say... it wasn't that bad. It wasn't crowded it wasn't crazy screaming kids. It was a pretty good time!


Me trying to teach them the dance game


No look! Look at me, like this! (ha!)


It was like virtual roller coaster



Then Luke's reaction to virtual roller coaster
 
A glimpse into the future??


Waiting for our pizza!


Can't dehydrate during game playing!


After naps (for the lil brothers) he went to Target to spend his giftcard (Legos!!). Later that night after dinner we had his ice cream cake! It was fantastic and enjoyed thoroughly by everyone!

 
 
 
He had a great day, and we had a great day celebrating him! In fact he had such a memorable birthday... that when assigned to draw & write about his favorite thing in Fall... he drew his birthday (it was a very festive picture!). His teacher thought he didn't understand the assignment until we reminded her of his birthday ;)

It's hard for me to put all my feelings & sentiments out there about my kids. It's as if I don't have a well enough command over the English language to even describe how they make me feel, my feeling for them and our life together. No words seem to be able to do it justice.

Jake gave me motherhood. As long as I've been a mother, Jake has been there. He's been my buddy through all the first-timer things (heck even 2nd & 3rd timer things, lol!). He's my right hand man. The only reason it doesn't kill me that he's away at Kindergarten all day is that he LOVES it so much. Even the teacher said his excitement and enjoyment of school is exceptional.

I'm so happy to celebrate all the wonderfulness, love, uniqueness and energy that is JAKE!


P.S. All the scratches on the birthday boys face were courtesy of the middle brother & a big ole stick! Boys!

P.P.S. Stay tuned more more Chuck E Cheese goodness in December. Evan has decided that's what he wants for his birthday too! Poor kid... hasn't had an original thought since he was old enough to realize he had an older brother ;)




2 comments:

Jeri Slater said...

What a wonderful way to celbrate J's birthday! Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for all the pictures as they made me feel like I was a part of the fun event!

Liberius Prattling Sizzler said...

Lovely account of his birthday, though it's several years later in reading about it.