Thursday, January 31, 2013

Risk... A Poem

STILL tackling the basement. Making LOTS of headway! So far TWENTY moving boxes emptied!!

Been going through stuff as well. Having to weed out lots of various things. Purge! Even finally went through the wedding box and did a project so we can enjoy the mementos and not just have them in a box. I show that project in a couple days!

I found this random piece of paper that I think I once had up on a bulletin board. Funny how I was probably in my very early twenties when I copied it from somewhere... but it still applies today. I wanted to share. You may of heard it before, because I have no clue where my 20 year old self copied it from! It's something a struggle with... risk! It can be very scary (as Sheldon Cooper says "It's called comfort zone for a reason"), but it's usually results in wonderful things!
 
RISK
 
To live... is to risk dying
To do... is to risk failure
To laugh... is to risk appearing a fool
To love... is to risk not being loved in return
To cry... is to risk appearing soft and sentimental
To reach out to another... is to risk involvement or rejection
To place your dreams and desires before people...
is to risk ridicule
 
The greatest omission in life... is to risk nothing
 
The person who risks nothing gets nothing, has nothing, is nothing
He many avoid suffering, pain, and even sorrow, but he does not learn, grow, live or love
He is then only a slave - chained by safety- locked away by fear
 
Only a person who is willing to risk -
not knowing the results - is truly alive!

1 comment:

Jeri Slater said...

Love the poem - it is so true!