Friday, February 15, 2013

2nd Flaunt My Friend Friday! Ellie!

Thank you so much for helping kick off my very first post in the Flaunt My Friends Friday series last week with Elizabeth! Today I am pleased to introduce to you another creative friend of mine that is always busy keeping busy.. She also owns her own business, Rose is a Rose Designs! Her and I became friends through our Houston Moms Group and always enjoyed catching up over a workout, a nice dinner, glass of wine, a margarita, playdates, mommy woes & wins, and any creative whim either of us had!

I introduce to you, Ellie (and her handsome guys!)...




She's is going to share with how she redid this dresser for her little man's nursery! Great personal touches with creative storage!

I wanted to do similar to THIS  Ikea Hack, but those Ikea spice racks were too long for my not so deep antique dresser.  Big Brother moved to the BIG room and took the BIG bookcase with them full of books.  I was not going to duplicate books and get little brother another big bookcase, but still needed a little space for the small baby board books....so here is what I did.

I'm calling this Dresser DressUP!  I've had a great antique dresser that just kept getting re-painted and shoved in closets.  Not quite the attention it deserved!  So 1 dresser, 1 spice rack, and a handy husband and this project was a GO!!
Here is the old beauty in the before stage (minus a couple drawers/knobs)


************************************************
We decided to divide the spice rack so that we'd have 3 separate "shelves"






***************************************************
Next we had to paint the shelves and the dresser






******************************************
And attach the knobs

I got clearance lettered knobs from HOBBY LOBBY for $1.49each.  His name is only 7 letters so we had to do 3 plain white knobs. His name is in the shape of an "L" on the dresser..my hub's great idea

***************************************************
And attach the shelves


***********************************************
And the finished project!

I'm so very excited to have a special place for Lincoln's books.  It's right next to the rocker for some good light reading for the little guy and we didn't have to add a piece of big furniture to pull it off.

Don't you just love that dresser! You can also see more of what she did for the nursery on her blog.

If you're in the market for suspenders, bowties, ties, girls skirts, etc... don't forget to check out her esty store and there's a Facebook page too! Thank you so much for sharing with us Ellie!

2 comments:

Lena said...

Nice job!! It looks great!

ElizabethOrmes said...

This project is absolutely adorable. What a lovely idea with the book holder on the side.