Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A limb has fallen from the Family Tree



We lost my grandma (I called her Mammaw when younger and started again with the boys) last week. It's hard living cross country away from everyone else. It was the hardest living away from her. Nothing was better than stopping by grandma's house for a bit to eat, some laughs, hugs and be on your way. Had some of the best conversations out on her porch watching the birds. She could make anything grow, and every single thing she ever cooked or baked tasted delicious. I think I'll miss the most is just simply knowing she's there. I know in my heart she still is there though, it's still not the same. I can't wait to share your stories and stories of her with the boys as they grow older. Even though it's such a sad time, I can't help but smile when I think of her.

Will love you forever Mammaw!

4 comments:

Jeri Slater said...

Grandma Betty was the best! I'm sure she is thrilled to know that her stories will be told and retold again and again.

Lena said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss!!

Bethany said...

So sorry for your loss. Your grandma was always so warm and welcoming anytime I was there. I know you had a special bond with her. Thinking of you.

the cape on the corner said...

what a special poem, and i am thinking of you during this unfortunate time.