Friday, March 15, 2013

Sixth Flaunt My Friend Friday! Kerstin!

Six weeks of meeting my friends so far! There are so many interesting people out there and they all have something they're really good at, something to teach, and something to share. Along the way, I've asked some people and some have volunteered. I'll throw out ideas, sometimes they already know exactly what they want to write...but I always say "whatever makes you proud, happy or you just plain want to share". I think we've gotten fantastic results. I do this all for fun, it makes me happy to flaunt these people to you. I'm just a small blog, a little island on the internet. While I always love to hear from you, my goal is never traffic, and never had my blog set up to earn money. I do it because I simply like it.

Today I introduce Kerstin to you! This gal is as real as they come. Always there with a "Heck yah" in celebration, a "Boo" in commiseration, and finds beauty in every day life no matter how mucky the day might of been. She knows her stuff and she's a force to be reckoned with when it comes for advocating for her son. Her creativity and passions know no bound.



Here's what she shared with us today...

I was going to write something fabulous. I had all kinds of ideas in my head…the craziness that is the special needs parenting gauntlet, educating an intellectual outlier, communication between couples, the importance of kindness, politics, advocacy….yeah. All really, really good ideas.

Try as I might they would not come together. Creativity is a slippery little creature. I did my due diligence, created outlines, had footnotes, etc. etc. et al ad nauseum and began each theme.

And erased it. Began and finished then erased that. Threw some more out. Almost sent one. Changed my mind no fewer than eleventy billion times. Started something and wound up in a really unexpected place. This one sounded angry, that one was just mean.

This is what happens when a Libra tries to write during Mercury retrograde.

Regardless, this came to me. If you are seeing it then it is meant for you.
 

Perspective

I see you seeing yourself

Frowning, you lean in closer

You tilt your head, smooth an errant hair.

Now smiling.
 
Thank you so much Kerstin for sharing your original piece of poetic art!

1 comment:

Jeri Slater said...

Thank you Kerstin for mentioning Mercury Retrograde as I had never heard that term and I love to look things up. I found the following:

"Mercury Retrograde happens three times a year and we are in the first one for 2013; February 23–March 17 in mystical Pisces.

Mercury is the messenger, and in this time, the delivery is warped or the message gets lost en route."

I appreciate you sharing your poetry in words and in art. In this case, I don't think the message was lost at all.