Thursday, May 30, 2013

What a month it's been!

I have to say this has been quite a month. Not in a good way.

When I went in for my yearly well woman's exam, it came back with abnormal results. Ok, that's pretty normal I hear.

Had to find another doctor to do the biopsy. Found one, made my appt. Get Greg to come home to watch kids, only to find this wasn't an appt for a biopsy, this was just a get to know you, talk about results. Ugh. Don't people know how hard it is for me to get to appointments by myself?? We know NO ONE in the area.

Schedule it for that Friday. Got a babysitter. Then 30 minutes before, she cancels on me. I'm rushing around like a lunatic trying to figure out what to do. I end up going to Greg's work and sitting in the parking lot, waiting for him to get done with a meeting. I was 5 minutes late, but the show went on.

Results come back precancerous. So now time for surgery to remove those cells. I'm thoroughly FREAKED out by this point. I feel like I should of felt more relief, I mean at least it wasn't cancer!

We've had a nasty cold virus around here for over two weeks. First Jake had it, missed THREE days of school. We were stuck at home. The day I took Jake to the doctor, was our 8th wedding anniversary... celebrating in style let me tell ya. Then I got sick too, haven't been to the gym now in two weeks. Boo! I'm still sick, I was almost too sick for surgery. I was so stressed out over that. Luckily my dad was going to visit at this time anyway, so we had extra help.

During the middle of all this I also somehow got poison ivy. It was bad in some patches, but the worse thing was that it made all my old fire ant bites flare up. I was in a lot of itchy pain for two weeks before I got sick recently.

Had surgery on Tuesday. Everything went well, I was a complete nervous wreck though. Even though it was just a twilight sleep, I've never been under. I remember telling them that I didn't like how it burn up my arm as they put in the medicine... next thing I know it's an hour later and there's a nurse telling me hi. They had to remove more than they originally thought, but it's all gone now. Last step is for the biopsy on what they removed to make sure it was all precancerous, then a follow up appointment mid June.

Greg had yesterday off for my bed rest day. He was a really good nursemaid. Although, I did have to chuckle with him doing everything I do... at one point he was completely sweating and said "I don't know how in the hell you do this every day!" He did good, he's a good daddy and husband!

Taking it easy today. The older neighborhood kids came and got Jake to walk him to bus stop. I do have to be there to get him off the bus, but figured I can rest all day today. Only other thing I have to do is get Evan to and from preschool camp. He started "camp" from 9am-12pm for the next two weeks at his new school that he'll be going to in the Fall. He loves it! Came home with such a cute craft yesterday and they complimented on how well he writes and colors.

I can't pick up anything heavier than 10 lbs until next week. Luke is NOT happy about that, and he does not understand. I put a stool in the car so he can climb into his car seat. Guess I'll do the same for nap time into his crib and just kind of push him over, ha ha. Speaking of Luke, he'll be TWO on Sunday... yah I know, time flies, you don't have to tell me!

I'm just looking forward to a new month, recovering, getting back to the gym, and having a great summer!!




3 comments:

Liz said...

Awwwww! What a rough month you've had. When it rains it pours! Praying that everything will be just fine with your health. Sounds like it was caught early so that's a blessing. And Luke being 2???? What? Hang in there!!

Lena said...

Oh, that's one crazy month!! I'm so glad you feel better now and that surgery went well. Take care of yourself! Luke is a big boy, he can walk :) Keeping you in our prayers!

Jeri Slater said...

Thanks for the update T! Glad to hear all went well and that Greg took good care of you. Your Dad told me that you gave hime the thumbs up when you got home. Love you.