Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall 2013 H Fam Mantel!

Yesterday it was a little chilly and I whipped up a yummy Chai Latte per a friends "recipe" (pre-made chai latte in a box & some vanilla almond milk) and decided it was time to "Fall- i - fy" around here... starting with the mantel.

Then I saw that Thrifty D├ęcor Chick was having a fall party as well, so I'm going to try to link up a day late! (hi if you're visiting from the linky party!!).

Previous fall decorated mantels, from when we lived in Texas (click on pics for post)...




When we moved here last summer, I simply didn't have it together yet to decorate last fall. Here's what my current mantle looked like from Spring until yesterday...


And...Now! Welcome Autumn!

Simple, but I'm really enjoying it! Made sure to have a little green, that room can be a bit brown at times


I have a few "H's" floating around so I gave the brown one I had a sand paper rubbing to rough it up a bit.


Love that little owl!

 
Now I have this mess to contend with, but ran out of energy! More chai latte perhaps? :)

 
Evan came home from preschool and was so excited he started decorating himself. I tried to encourage some placement of things but decided to just let it be for a few days... he was just too proud of his decorating for me to rearrange yet.
 
"Autumn carries more gold in its pocket
than all the other seasons."
~Jim Bishop

2 comments:

Jeri Slater said...

Looks GREAT!

You have inspired me to tackle getting out my Fall stuff. I just LOVE your little owl on his pedestal.

the cape on the corner said...

I love how that art piece is perfect for fall, and all your items surrounding it. the boyfriend asked me why I haven't gotten any of my stuff out yet. guess it's really time!