Monday, September 30, 2013

Mom's Night Out - Cooking Demo!

This weekend I was lucky enough to meet up with the ladies that I did the Color Run with in Philly this Summer!

We decided to meet in Delaware this time. We didn't need anything special, we just wanted to get together again. A couple of us would be celebrating our birthdays in October, so that made it a good excuse ;)

I did a little searching and I can't remember what made the idea pop into my mind... but I looked up cooking classes!

Found Celebrity Kitchens that offers cooking demonstrations by local surrounding area chefs for dinner. Thought it sounded different, interesting and I don't know... watching someone else cook your food as a mom is quite freeing!




It turned out to be a great evening! Basically it's like eating at a fine dining restaurant but with the chef cooking in front of you, giving some tips, telling you about what he was doing and providing the recipes to take home with you!! They also offered wine that was paired with the meal.

We had a wonderful and delicious time!

Looking back I don't know why we didn't take a picture of ourselves... but I did get some of the food! ha!


Curried Scallops with Beet Cous Cous


Port Wine Poached Pear with Fig Honey Vinaigrette over Bed of Salad Greens

Braised Beef Short Ribs with Herbed Risotto Cake and Wilted Spinach


Lemon Yogurt Cake with Strawberry Balsamic Compote

It was a nice 24 hour escape! I think while I was rested from us just hanging out, I was also exhausted from our non-stop chatting & laughing!

 
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

 

3 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

I have always wanted to try this place! I have a restaurant.com gift certificate for there, and still we've never gone. it looks like great food, and so glad you got to enjoy!

shelley c. said...

I didn't even realize that we didn't take a photo of us until I got home and was showing the pics to my family! LOL. That was SO fun.

Jeri Slater said...

So glad you had a nice time with your friends! Sounds like a fun place to go.