Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Time to starting making the Halloween Costumes!

This year the boys decided to be a few of the Guardians of Childhood: Jack Frost, North, and Sandman for Halloween. We all LOVE Rise of the Guardians in this house!


Luckily, they're all pretty easy to DIY and also not have to be machine sewn (I know, I know... I swear I'm finally just going to take classes in the new year). I think I've rounded everything up besides a staff for Jack Frost and a sword for North!

I will be cutting off the coon tail of the coon hat to make for the hat North wears and Evan has black pants and boots. Adding "frost" onto the blue hoodie for Jack and I also bought white face paint & hair paint for his hair as well! Hoping it's not too hard to turn Luke into Sandy!


Wish me luck! Why do I get the distinct impression I'll still be working on these on Halloween Day? I'm trying to do one year make, one year buy (to give sufficient time to recover from making the previous year, ha ha)...

A past run down of costumes...

Halloween 2011 (made Jake & the Neverland Pirate costumes)

Jake & Cubby... Luke was suppose to be the parrot Skully and it just plain didn't happen!

Halloween 2012 (bought Star Wars costumes)


My Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, and Darth Vader

1 comment:

Jeri Slater said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start!