Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Week Two

Continuing 30 Days of Thanks. You can see Week One here.

Day 8: A number I'm thankful for. I find this one to be a bit odd. A number?? I just don't know... but I will tell you with the holidays right around the corner, THREE is a good number for eating cookies and not getting crazy. Scientific research caliber information here folks. One to two you just want more, three really gives you the enjoyment of a splurge without feeling like you need to go back for more. Sorry that's all I can come up with for that one. Oh and don't forget a great design tip is to decorate in threes as well (if you have multiples) it's more natural.
3 is the magic number

Day 9: An emotion I'm thankful for. I'm a pretty emotional person, always have been. I just FEEL a lot, about a lot of things. I pay the price by being hurt a lot too. People used to try to make me feel bad for that, calling me sensitive. I once saw a something about " Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you've got a big heart and aren't afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength". With all that said, I'm thankful for the emotion/feeling of contentment. It's not always something I have (for reasons I'll never quite grasp), so I'm thankful for when it is felt.

Contented heart quote via Carol's Country Sunshine on Facebook

Day 10: A book I'm thankful for. This is about as hard as picking my favorite food. I love books and have many favorites. But to narrow it down to just one? I could do a whole book series alone on books (would anyone actually be interested in me doing that??) One all time favorite that I recommend whenever I get the chance... there's tons of runners-up but I have to go with Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

Picture right from my bookcase!


Day 11: A time of day I'm thankful for. To be completely honest it's probably about 8:30pm... when all the kids are asleep (bedtime is 8pm, but I don't consider it done until they're all OUT). All is quiet, they're all three snug in their beds and are actually peaceful for the first time the whole day. Greg and I both like to check on them before we go to bed and steal quick glances of them sleeping. We've always been super strict about bedtimes & their routine and it really pays off. While I feel like I'm sliding into home all beat up, war-torn, and quite a mess... 8:30pm is pure bliss!
sweet dreams ~

Day 12: An appliance I'm thankful for. An appliance huh? Hmmm. Another hard one. Let me just be frank and very "First World" right now... the television! I know, I know! But one of my favorite things to do is for Greg and I to curl up on the couch together and watch our favorite shows and movies. I also love family movie night, and sharing our childhood favorites (hello 80's films!) with the boys.


Our Family Room TV from when I blogged about our Spring Mantel


Day 13: A color I'm thankful for. GREEN. Everything always feel right about the color green. More times than not you can't go wrong with green! How amazing is this....

The Tunnel of Love, Ukraine

Day 14: A smile I'm thankful for. My own. Is that selfish or something? But it doesn't always come easy, so if I'm smiling then everything is okay for the moment. I used to be very self conscious of my big mouth and teeth, but if they're in a smiling form... I really can't complain :) And if you know me in real life, I really do like to laugh... so I enjoy this picture and picked it to represent this thankful



2 comments:

shelley c. said...

I'm thankful for your smile, too :)

Jeri Slater said...

To answer your question ~ I'd enjoy a book series.