Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy St. Paddy's Day 2014

Not only was yesterday St. Patrick's Day, it was also our 10th snow day around these parts!
Try 6-8"... over winter!
Or in our case 6-8" inches of SNOW! What a winter it's been here, so over it. I miss Texas!

We had a fun day nonetheless. Before bed we read the book we've been reading every night for two weeks... "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day" by Natasha Wing.
the night before st patricks day

When we woke up in the morning, we came down to find that the Leprechaun Trap worked, but he got away!



We had made leprechaun traps last week, as Jake needed one for school. So Evan made one as well to use here at home. Like always, we didn't buy anything, they're made from stuff we had around the house!


Evan & Jake's Traps


We had the requisite breakfast of Lucky Charms and that leprechaun enchanted our glasses again! The milk turned green when poured into the glass!



Then they went outside to play in the snow. Which meant I had to dig out all the snowpants and such that I had just packed away until what I thought would be next year not next week! They love a treat of hot cocoa when they come inside, so I quickly sprinkled some green sugar on top and poof, you have St. Patrick's Day Hot Cocoa! They thought it was awesome.



Then we did some painting...



.... in Mustaches. Apparently leprechauns are artistic AND like a good mess!

My real life leprechauns!


My luck was okay too... went that night to Bunco with the neighbors and won $10 for most buncos and a little gift for being the last one to get one :) Go me!



1 comment:

Stefani Coup said...

This was fabulous Tyson! You are so creative....wish I had that talent! Lol Great job.