Monday, March 10, 2014

Star Wars Bedroom Collage

Hello! I know I've been MIA for quite awhile. Life just got to be too much. But I'm finally able to surface and have been doing little projects again!

Wanted to come share the Star Wars Bedroom Collage that I finally finished for my son's room!

He makes his own bed, so the pillows aren't fluffed and styled at the "blog-level" and that's okay!!


We started his room not long after we moved here.






Then I did this DIY Space Painting for some artwork/wall décor.



Then over a year passed ;)

I finally got the creative bug. I know I'm overwhelmed when I haven't done anything creative in six months, hence the blog taking a nose dive. I'll update about all that soon enough. Even the camera didn't have any pictures on it since Christmas. Usually I'm uploading on a weekly basis!

Months ago I ordered this poster for his room. So got it hung up over his dresser.



Then all I needed was the collage over his bed to finish. As always the goal is repurposing what I have. I pretty much did, I only bought the star for like $12 on Amazon.



First I made this artsy Millennium Falcon piece. Got the idea from this blog, she's an art teacher and explains the process way better than I can!


Gathering my supplies (an instant mocha is a supply!)


Tried first with school glue, no good!

Busted out the hot glue, much better!

Applied foil using q-tip to get relief. Then painted over with gray acrylic paint, rubbing off where the glue is under.

Dug out an un-used frame to put it in!


Then added some gray paint to his "J" (that you last saw on the toy mirror - it fell apart during our move) and added some do-dads to give it a "space junk" type look.




Last but not least we had this broken light saber from their Halloween costumes in 2012! They just whack each other with them anyway... so it became décor! :)



I'm really happy with how it turned out! Very happy to feel more like myself, creating things, and look... even blogging! :)


3 comments:

kimmyk76 said...

I love it Tyson!!! I so need to get going on K's room...he wants it to be a "science lab" :)

the cape on the corner said...

are you kidding, that room looks great! i love how the non blog level pillows (too funny) are adding to the gallery wall "collected" sort of look. :)

Jeri Slater said...

WOW - I bet J is SO HAPPY and PROUD of his room. I can hear his voice now patiently explaining it all to me. I have the lovely memory of both the older boys giggles as I tried to read them the Star Wars book a couple of years ago. :) Sending lots of love to all of you!