Monday, March 31, 2014

Traveling to Paradise in May!

So I've discussed before my dilemma of getting wanderlust at a point in my life that it's just not conducive for it. There was even one time I thought Greg and I were going to be able to pull off an overseas trip to London. Even more recently I thought I was going to be able to pull off visiting a friend that moved to Cambridge. There's just so much to get lined up to make it work, and it just never came together. I did however finally get a passport before I turned 35 (a strange goal I had in my head) though!

Then this year for Christmas we told Greg's parents that ALL we wanted for Christmas was one week of their time in the spring. So that they could come here and watch the boys while we went away on our very first real vacation together. We didn't even have a honeymoon. We decided to look at a beach/island vacation even though we'd love to go overseas and check out stuff over there. It's just been a rough few years and we both think this will recharge our batteries so much more!

So the stars were in alignment and guess what... it's all come together!!

In Mid-May we will celebrate our 9th Anniversary on the tropical island voted as some of the best beaches in the world... the Turks & Caicos!

 

We actually booked the vacation a couple of months ago, but with all the stuff going on with Luke, it just took a backseat in excitement and planning. Time to start counting down (downloaded an app on my phone already!), thinking of packing and all the planning. We purchased the "romance package" that comes with various credits to use towards boat tours, the spa, restaurants, etc. Looking forward to various things at the resort like kayaking, snorkeling, and sitting on my butt on the beach with a drink in my hand :)

Lots of planning for when we're gone too. I've only ever been away from the boys one time when we came to Virginia to house hunt for 3 days. Looks like I have a binder to make!

If anyone has any packing tips for an island vacation, I'd love to hear them. Also, any tips for preparing your home for grandparents to watch the kids for a week.

Other than that... here's some beachy eye candy of our destination...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

kimmyk76 said...

So excited for you guys!!!! You so deserve it.

Jeri Slater said...

Can't wait to hear about your vacation to paradise!

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would be able to answer a question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!