Monday, June 16, 2014

Luke is THREE!

It's been nonstop around here since April, I swear! I still haven't posted about our Anniversary Trip! Right now, I have a more important thing to share. Our youngest, Luke, turned THREE this month!

Three. 3. THREE. Hard to believe.

We did our usual, birthday breakfast. Since I knew it'd be a busy night with Jake's practice (Greg is also an assistant coach) so we made it a bit more fun with some party stuff. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! (Turtles in a half shell, Turtle Power - I can't NOT say that!)









Opened presents from the family that sent some. We honestly had no clue what to get them. Being the youngest of three boys, he has quite a lot to already play with. So we went to Toys R Us with two carts. Greg pushed him in one, I pushed the other. We just got what he showed interest and excitement over. I'd just put it in the other cart, and he was none the wiser.


Then after school we went to the grocery store to pick out his cake. I can bake, but I'm not much of a cake baker. In fact I'm not at all a cake baker. We were keeping it pretty simple, so it helped add to the excitement of picking out your own fun cake.

Mmmm good pick! Chocolate Mousse!



As you can see in the pictures, he was still in a highchair. Happy to report that he's been doing very good in school and they've helped him learn how to sit at a table without getting distracted and falling out and we've been working at home on not throwing our plate. So we just recently got a booster seat for him as well. However, him & Jake can now kick each other under the table (Jake & Evan are diagonal from each other for a reason). That's a better combo that Jake & Evan, or Evan & Luke but I secretly miss the highchair ;)

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!

"Hey Dudes, Cowabunga!" ~ Michelangelo TMNT

4 comments:

Chris Schwartz said...

He's such a cutie. What a fun day for him!

the cape on the corner said...

nothing better than picking out your own gifts. 3 already, wow!

Lena said...

Happy Birthday to a cutie pie :)

Jeri Slater said...

Seems like just yesterday... I loved the way you did Luke's age three, 3, THREE! Looks like a good time was had by all.